Pre wembley drinking....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KaylaRobbo

Re: Pre wembley drinking....

Post by KaylaRobbo »

cpwigan wrote:
Kaii wrote:
WESTCUMBRIARIVE​RSIDER​ wrote: i don't think you will get any drink into wembley mate, they do a good bag search on way in, they even took pop bottles off us last time, probably so you get stung for their rip off prices inside
I've read through the wembley rules and plastic non alcoholic bottles are allowed, so 500ml bottle of coke ok 330ml can of coke not allowed.

My own plan is drink on the coach and outside then 2 bottles of poweraid for inside, the little lad fruit shoots for coach, irn bru for stadium and the wife need to go the shop and get hers lol
IIRC, they allow them BUT make you remove the screw top from every single one which they then dispose of. The searches are far more stringent and demanding than days of old, even on females.
What? They take every bottle top off??? Well that'll be fun if you're taking a few bottles in with you. And when you say the searches are stringent 'even on females'. Am I gonna have to wear my best undies then ha ha?!?!?

RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

KaylaRobbo wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Kaii wrote: I've read through the wembley rules and plastic non alcoholic bottles are allowed, so 500ml bottle of coke ok 330ml can of coke not allowed.

My own plan is drink on the coach and outside then 2 bottles of poweraid for inside, the little lad fruit shoots for coach, irn bru for stadium and the wife need to go the shop and get hers lol
IIRC, they allow them BUT make you remove the screw top from every single one which they then dispose of. The searches are far more stringent and demanding than days of old, even on females.
What? They take every bottle top off??? Well that'll be fun if you're taking a few bottles in with you. And when you say the searches are stringent 'even on females'. Am I gonna have to wear my best undies then ha ha?!?!?
Or none at all ?? Be on safe side! Hahaha :lol:
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Thats my best undies on then :blush:
just another reason to look forward to Saturday
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

cpwigan wrote:
Kaii wrote:
WESTCUMBRIARIVE​RSIDER​ wrote: i don't think you will get any drink into wembley mate, they do a good bag search on way in, they even took pop bottles off us last time, probably so you get stung for their rip off prices inside
I've read through the wembley rules and plastic non alcoholic bottles are allowed, so 500ml bottle of coke ok 330ml can of coke not allowed.

IIRC when we took a 500ml bottle of coke in they gave us a plastic glass and we had to pour it in it
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Mrs Lifter wrote:Thats my best undies on then :blush:
just another reason to look forward to Saturday
Going have to keep a look out for you all with your best undies on hahahaha :lol:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

michael inch stoke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Kaii wrote: I've read through the wembley rules and plastic non alcoholic bottles are allowed, so 500ml bottle of coke ok 330ml can of coke not allowed.

IIRC when we took a 500ml bottle of coke in they gave us a plastic glass and we had to pour it in it
Must have found out that fan's 'doctor' them with spirits.

You have been warned!
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Very kind of them to provide glasses - very genteel ha ha. No coctail umbrella and cherry??? ha ha
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

This thread alone has probably sparked every Wigan female fan to not be wearing any underwear tomorrow! Wouldn't get too excited though, the folk that search at Wembley all look like they've came from Sintellins, via The Jeremy Kyle Show.

I however shall be in front of my TV, beer in one hand......undies in the other lol. Have a great day everyone, gutted I can't make it.
Up The Mont!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well, the weather put paid to the best laid plans. No way was I walking to the Century or the Torch in all that!

Had a few cans en route so wasn't too bothered about more ale but I needed to get out of the rain and I was desperate for a pee so a gang of us went in the Metropolis, the closest place.

Its on 2 levels, both of which were heaving with both sets of fans. But get this, on each floor the toilets consisted of 3 cubicles. One for the men, one women and one disabled. Not a urinal in sight. First time ever there were more men than women queuing!

Stadium wasn't much better. Gents consisted of about 20 cubicles, with about 3 blokes queuing at each. Protocol demanded you advise the person behind you if you were likely to take more than a couple of shakes!

Bloody shambles for our capital city!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Whoever designed the male toilets at Wembley must thing that male supporters are either posh and want a cubicle or are all shy.