Our Problem

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AncientWarrior

Re: Our Problem

Post by AncientWarrior »

Matthew posted:
Our problem is the current state of our squad, we don't have enough strength or depth to mount a serious challenge this season and just about everyone who visits this site accepts that.

Whilst I don't think that Dennis has done a particularly great job thus far, I can't see what difference a new coach would make in the short term apart from throw our team into even more disarray. A new coach would mean that the seniors would be concerned about being replaced and the youngsters being dropped or sold. Further more, the teams tactics, game plan, and patterns would be changed and that would take time to implement as well as time for the coach to settle in - meaning that we would almost certainly lose more games.

We do need some players and perhaps Dennis is not the man to lead us, however since we are only 6 games into the season (and I grant you that it has been disappointing so far) calling for people's heads is really not going to help. As soon as players that we can afford become available I am sure that moves will be made - as well as potentially finding players that are in contract else where.

Watching any sport is a leisure activity - it should be fun, however some of the people on this site only seem to gain enjoyment from criticising and complaining. If watching Wigan is so hard - then just don't do it, come back when we are successfull again like all the other fair weather fans. As in most areas of life there will be times when things are going how we would like, however since just about everyone who visits this site is powerless to change the management or team at Wigan RLFC there is not much we can do about it. As fans all we can do is support the team and just be grateful that we are not facing the situation that Leigh are - imagine being one of their fans

we_need_a_coach - if you won the lottery you would complain that it wasn't a rollover - cheer up man! :wink:
At last, the voice of reason.

Agree 100%.

Young team, young coach, things will get worse before they get better but we'll get over it. Cheer up! It's only a game.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AncientWarrior posted:
Cheer up! It's only a game.
To quote Bill Shankly:

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'."

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Bang on again DaveO, butb these changes are needed now, unfortunately idiots like MrsCarney, HeyDude etc just keep supporting the people who are causing this mess, untill the fans make their feelings known with passion. I doubt anything will happen.
Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me? Idiots? I think you'll find that you are the only idiot on here you poo head! (The strongest language i can use on here UNFORTUNATELY). We keep supporting them because we are fans and not whinging b*stards like you1
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
heydude

Post by heydude »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Bang on again DaveO, butb these changes are needed now, unfortunately idiots like MrsCarney, HeyDude etc just keep supporting the people who are causing this mess, untill the fans make their feelings known with passion. I doubt anything will happen.
excuse me i have supported the team my quotes of defending people have been for the player's you have called for a no good reason all i am doing is getting behind MY team and i have criticise upper management before and still say there is problems there but my comments to you have been about player's not about upper management, my team is the one i defend but you can't even do that you little s**t.
don't eat yellow snow
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Mrs Carney & Hey Dude why oh why did you let him bring you down to his level. Surely you must now realise he is not a real WW fan. He just gets off on upsetting the real fans. Maybe if we all ignore him he will crawl back under his stone.
Brian's Girl

heydude

Post by heydude »

Red Hot Mama posted:
Mrs Carney & Hey Dude why oh why did you let him bring you down to his level. Surely you must now realise he is not a real WW fan. He just gets off on upsetting the real fans. Maybe if we all ignore him he will crawl back under his stone.
i know your right but i get so passionate about my team and the players i respect.
don't eat yellow snow
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

heydude posted:
Red Hot Mama posted:
i know your right but i get so passionate about my team and the players i respect.
He is a real fan just different that's all. I actually agree with his basic points, as do Dave O, Chris A, Matthew, etc. We have a combination of a weak and inexperienced squad, an inexperienced coach and leadership at the club which is not showing the way. But look on the bright side - most games will be nail biters this season and far better to watch than the hammerings we used to dish out years back.

The problem I think he has is he remembers when Wigan held all the aces, due to some extent by going full time before everyone else. The playing field is level now and we have no divine right to success.

Things like 20/20 and salary cap were never going to benefit us, but will allow other clubs to become more competitive. It's probably good for the game in the long run but can be difficult to come to terms with, especially if you have been supporting the club from the era when money appeared to be no object and we all thought about buying summer residences near Wembley.
heydude

Post by heydude »

jinkin jimmy posted:
heydude posted:
Red Hot Mama posted:
He is a real fan just different that's all. I actually agree with his basic points, as do Dave O, Chris A, Matthew, etc. We have a combination of a weak and inexperienced squad, an inexperienced coach and leadership at the club which is not showing the way. But look on the bright side - most games will be nail biters this season and far better to watch than the hammerings we used to dish out years back.

The problem I think he has is he remembers when Wigan held all the aces, due to some extent by going full time before everyone else. The playing field is level now and we have no divine right to success.

Things like 20/20 and salary cap were never going to benefit us, but will allow other clubs to become more competitive. It's probably good for the game in the long run but can be difficult to come to terms with, especially if you have been supporting the club from the era when money appeared to be no object and we all thought about buying summer residences near Wembley.
i totally agree jimmy, but this person has slag off players that don't deserve it,he can't let the farrell thing go when nothing can change it now (can't even wish him good luck),he is so negative beyond belief,i know some of the points you and daveo made are true but you can have some positive aspect in your posts he though cannot that is what is making angry with him or her.
don't eat yellow snow
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I do respect each fan has different views, but when it comes down to blatant and unnecessary slagging off of players like dallas and guisset who have done no wrong, then its beyond a joke. Also calling farrell a judas was just wrong, he acts as though he is a somebody and as though this message board will make all right with the world, bring farrell back and make denis betts leave; i really dont see his problem.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
heydude

Post by heydude »

bravo mrs carney (sorry get called for this now from grumpy something probably on the lines of patting each others back or something like that.)
don't eat yellow snow