Unlucky lads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Unlucky lads

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Well went game and did not expect too much , but what an effort by all. Just a brain explosion at end to go for one point too early in tackle count.
Burgess looks like the one to watch out for in future
dave_highfive1

Re: Unlucky lads

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Surprise surprise most the first team missing again! Never!

SW offered a contract for next year? Omg!!

Wigan form is bad enough as of late, especially in an unconvincing win in the cup.

Wigan are going nowhere in the playoffs, form has been too bad, management has been too bad.
Wes

Post by Wes »

dave_highfive1 wrote:Surprise surprise most the first team missing again! Never!

Wigan form is bad enough as of late, especially in an unconvincing win in the cup.

Wigan are going nowhere in the playoffs, form has been too bad, management has been too bad.
Disagree, Stains and Dire wernt great and I'd fancy us against Hudds with a full team which only leaves Leeds.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Did either of you go to match? Wigan played well, couple of silly mistakes ok but on the whole could not criticise anyone, a try they scored that was disallowed for unknown reason would of home down as try of season.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

dave_highfive1 wrote:Surprise surprise most the first team missing again! Never!

OK Dave, how about you make your 25th post in 13 months and explain to us all how you would have done things differently, and why?
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Wes wrote:

Disagree, Stains and Dire wernt great and I'd fancy us against Hudds with a full team which only leaves Leeds.
How many of our last 8 league games have we won?

How many of our last 8 league games have we missed out star players ? (Sam mmm I smell BS and being told to rest him for NZW)

And SW still Insists in fielding a team like tonight! Time and time again, and still giving us no run up of form for our MAJOR players for the playoffs.

The Glass Man

Post by The Glass Man »

Did anyone else notice the countdown clock in the west stand stop for a full set of 6 when Hull had possession? There was 5.03mins left on clock when it was stopped and Hull packed down for the scrum and it was only restarted on the fifth play when Hull put the kick in that they scored from. I make it that there was an around additional 45 seconds played that should never have been. Take that into account and we probably win the game.
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Kittwazzer wrote:

OK Dave, how about you make your 25th post in 13 months and explain to us all how you would have done things differently, and why?
Ok

I would experiment with the team earlier in the season, that way not giving silly team changes later on. The team need stability later in the season with the knowledge someone can step in if injured (ideally this person experimented earlier in the season). Who can step into SOL shoes??

We only have 1 decent goal kicker. We've known this all season go figure.

We have only experimented changes in full back LATER on I the season!!!!

There has been no redundancy all season and this has shown, by trying new players late in the season, too late.

PS I don't need more than 25 posts to see bad management ;-)
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

The Glass Man wrote:Did anyone else notice the countdown clock in the west stand stop for a full set of 6 when Hull had possession? There was 5.03mins left on clock when it was stopped and Hull packed down for the scrum and it was only restarted on the fifth play when Hull put the kick in that they scored from. I make it that there was an around additional 45 seconds played that should never have been. Take that into account and we probably win the game.
I noticed it, and it made me wonder was that why we tried the drop goal so early in the tackle count thinking the hooter was about to sound?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Enjoyable game tonight, wasn't expecting much and thought they did very well