Have season ticket holders been done?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Have season ticket holders been done?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Many people have paid for the season and not seen the best possible players Wigan have for many a game.

Do you think these players have been injured?

Do you think they have simply been rested and do you think people have been done by not watching our strongest team for many a game?

Do you think it is right to have a game plan for the play offs as far as when or not to play players?

Is this right or wrong?

TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Have season ticket holders been done?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

If you think you have been 'done' then learn your lesson and don't buy another!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

After watching last nights game a firm NO.The most exiting game of the season with 100% effort from every player and the best atmosphere at the DW all season
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

I paid £9 (Groupon) for a ricket to the match v Huddersfield

I paid £23 to last nights match.

I enjoyed last nights match MUCH MORE than the Huddersfield match.

I am contemplating a season ticket next season.

As mentioned already, if you think you have 'been done' don't buy one next season. No one can predict how the season will go at the start and if I had been a season ticket holder last night I would have been delighted at last nights entertainment in a game which could have been more dull with more top players playing!
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

This year i chose to not get a season ticket because i thought i couldn't make it to enough games, wont be making the same mistake next year. Season tickets are just so convenient
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:If you think you have been 'done' then learn your lesson and don't buy another!!
I asked a number of questions. I didnt ask for any advice!

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Many people have paid for the season and not seen the best possible players Wigan have for many a game.

Do you think they have simply been rested and do you think people have been done by not watching our strongest team for many a game?

Do you think it is right to have a game plan for the play offs as far as when or not to play players?

Is this right or wrong?
Tough to really say.

If (and it's a big if) we win at Old Trafford then no one will care what sides Wane put out in the later rounds of the competition. It is after all about winning trophies and if this rotation and resting has been successful can a season ticket holder complain they have been "short changed" when the team has achieved total success in its aims
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan Watcher wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:If you think you have been 'done' then learn your lesson and don't buy another!!
I asked a number of questions. I didnt ask for any advice!
By asking so many questions it seems like you needed advice, however the advice wasn't specifically to you but to any fan that had bought a season ticket and felt like they had been 'done'!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Many people have paid for the season and not seen the best possible players Wigan have for many a game.

Some, NOT ALL, players with minor knocks are rested because few games are do or die. If the games were do or die like the CC Final it shows that many can play as/when required. Earlier in the season, genuine injuries saw youngsters / reserve play when required.

Yes and Yes/No Fans are short changed in terms of winning games that they instead lost. The recent Saints game which was away anyhow was a prime example and IMO a betrayal of the so called Wigan Way in terms of the importance of Saints matches. Sometimes it is more 'enjoyable' for some fans as they lower their own expectations, relax more, can tolerate defeats far more readily. ST holders get free access to Orrell matches bar the play offs which is a nice bonus.

Is this right or wrong?

Yes, in an ideal world no. The question then is which is the better game plan when doing so?

i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Many people have paid for the season and not seen the best possible players Wigan have for many a game.

Certainly some of them have.

Wigan Watcher wrote: Do you think they have simply been rested and do you think people have been done by not watching our strongest team for many a game?
Some have been rested, but no, I don't believe I have been done. I have supported Wigan all my life, I will continue to support Wigan, and it is the Wigan team I support, not the names on the team sheet.
Wigan Watcher wrote: Do you think it is right to have a game plan for the play offs as far as when or not to play players?
Absolutely
Wigan Watcher wrote: Is this right or wrong?
Absolutely correct. Winning in the league is important to get you to the playoff's in a reasonably good position. Once you've done that, it is about mounting a challenge for the silverware and having your best players fit and well for the run in. It devalues the league as a competition, but that is how it is