end of the Hull game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

end of the Hull game

Post by markill »

We all thought that we were unlucky on Friday even though most of us seemed to enjoy the match. After the refs reviewing it it seems Hull should never have had the opportunity to win it.

RT @Bullymiggy Wig v hull wigan drop goal hull charged down clearly came off hull player ball went dead 20 meter restart given ?— RFL Referees (@RFLReferees) September 3, 2013

.@Bullymiggy It did but In live play we felt he was shielding himself so not playing at it. On review he probably does play at it. JC— RFL Referees (@RFLReferees) September 3, 2013

After this, they kicked for touch from the optional 20m restart, got the ball from the scrum and set up a DG, when we should have had a GLDO and another set to score a DG ourselves. We might have even had chance to figure out what was going on with the clock and played more sensible stuff.

Oh well. Badly done to our lads. Still a great effort from some of the young players.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jakjtb

Re: end of the Hull game

Post by jakjtb »

we should have gone for the try instead of the drop goal, just unlucky with the reffing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am pretty sure they have also admitted the penalty against us when the Hull player played the ball to no one was also incorrect.

I also read on rlfans about the drop goal that the touch judge told Childs the Hull player made a play for the ball and Child's over-ruled him.

That is not bad luck, its bad reffing!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:I am pretty sure they have also admitted the penalty against us when the Hull player played the ball to no one was also incorrect.

I also read on rlfans about the drop goal that the touch judge told Childs the Hull player made a play for the ball and Child's over-ruled him.

That is not bad luck, its bad reffing!
But Dave Child is a bad ref. Has been for a while it amazes me he is still a SL ref he is not good enough.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

So if we'd had a competent timekeeper and a relatively competent referee - we'd have won and could have rested a whole load of key players again against Thuggo All Stars.
How many will we lose to injury after tonight? It's in the Leeds genes now.
exiled

Post by exiled »

Southern Softy wrote:So if we'd had a competent timekeeper and a relatively competent referee - we'd have won and could have rested a whole load of key players again against Thuggo All Stars.
How many will we lose to injury after tonight? It's in the Leeds genes now.
At least Bailey is not playing.
markill

Post by markill »

DaveO wrote:I am pretty sure they have also admitted the penalty against us when the Hull player played the ball to no one was also incorrect.
On Ask the ref Child said he wasn't square. He probably wasn't to be honest, but then he'll have been as not square as you'll get not called throughout most games.

Anyway, the lads were unlucky in a few ways and shot themselves in the foot in a few others. Game was ours to take and unfortunately we didn't take it, not that it would have made much difference in the grand scheme of things.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod