view from the couch so far on to-nite's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
loyalbelfast

view from the couch so far on to-nite's game

Post by loyalbelfast »

6 TO 4 in front after 1st half being mostly outplayed at HOME even though we had a good try chalked off early doors?

Few things I have picked up from my couch (its a leather one for those who are into detail!)so far with the match:

Leeds only 4 points after ALL that possession?

How did that Leeds player ground that ball(albeit it was a double movement) with players on him?

How did R Hall get out of his try zone with 2 of our players (one was Hansen ) directly in front of him to prevent him?

Why did Thornley hold on to the ball when he broke the line with a player to pass to either side of him?

Come on Wigan second half please, points make prizes!!

A&L(just like Belfast)
loyalbelfast

Re: view from the couch so far on to-nite's game

Post by loyalbelfast »

SIMPLY SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! END OFF!!
If you wear the famous shirt you need to gave all despite the play-off system

Leeds have had 3 times more possession that us YES 3 times more!! We're at HOME!! A total non-event 2nd half this is just not good enough(AGAIN!)

5 points clear at one stage in the league to where we are nowi this! Business end of the season players having a laff home fans putting up with this game after game

Said it before we do not have enough X-Factor players & sadly it shows when it matters IMHO

Play-offs here we come & a vast improvement from EACH player is now requested Please?

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Did you post after the CC win?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

For the record yes a few times offering my congrats to 1 & all!

You always for whatever reason same to want to make it personal? Read ALL my posts pls they are more than balanced IMHO
TrueBlueWarrior

Your posts are far from balanced!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

Said it before we do not have enough X-Factor players & sadly it shows when it matters IMHO

How many times have we beat the better teams season after season?

In the SL era how many GF trophies have we had compared to others ?

Having day out back to back GF final appearances like others?

We are Wigan for goodness sake

Hope & pray TBW these are "balanced" questions?
TrueBlueWarrior

L&B, we have won 2 LLS, 2 CC's and a GF in the last 4 years!!
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

Yes correct TBW but question was how does our trophy record compare to others since the SL era ?

To me & to most its not good enough for a Wigan team

You still count the "hubcap! I don't !

HoW many days out at Old Trafford have we had again compared to others ?

If there is a "number cruncher" reading these posts can one come up wth the No of GF appearances, the GF wins, the CC final appearances the CC trophy wins etc & lastly our record win/lose against these teams since the SL era began?

To me & to most i expect the results will not be good enough for a team such as ours

We are WIGAN!! A FAMOUS CLUB!!
TrueBlueWarrior

loyalbelfast wrote:Yes correct TBW but question was how does our trophy record compare to others since the SL era ?

You still count the "hubcap! I don't !

HoW many days out at Old Trafford have we had again compared to others ?

If there is a "number cruncher" reading these posts can one come up wth the No of GF appearances, the GF wins, the CC final appearances the CC trophy wins etc & lastly our record win/lose against these teams since the SL era began?

To me & to most i expect the results will not be good enough for a team such as ours

We are WIGAN!! A FAMOUS CLUB!!
I do agree with a lot you say but 2 CC's and a GF can only be bettered by Leeds I think in the last 4 years because they have 3 GF, Wire have 3 CC's!
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I've supported Sky in the past but I had to turn the sound off last night as the Leeds love-in was sick-making from Eddie & Stevo. It was plain embarrassing as they more or less apologised to Leeds because they went in losing at half-time and failed to mention Thornley's perfectly good try being chalked off by poor officials.

And did anyone else notice Sinfield punch a Wigan player in the face when he was on the ground? Sky didn't or glossed it over when they were busy praising Jones-Buchanan who had a totally anonymous night.

Wigan were really poor last night but I'd rather they played Huddersfield (no, I'm not mad) as they should have some chance of winning if they play to their strengths and Leeds and Warrington will kick lumps out of each other next week.

The biggest worry is that without Lockers - we don't look capable of winning. With him - we look as if we can beat anyone. It surely can't be right that the team depend so much on one man (and he is one of the best ever) - something isn't right with tactics or game plan here.