Wigan can still reach the GF!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Wigan can still reach the GF!!

Post by cpwigan »

No I have not been drinking or taking drugs!!

The standard of SL is not that good and losing Lockers is a monumental blow BUT;

If Wane changes his game plan ASAP and selects the right players we can reach the GF.
NeeNawWarrior22

Re: Wigan can still reach the GF!!

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

In reality, is Wane likely to change his gameplan? You and others I dare say know, and have made reference to his personal character before. Is he not a stubborn so and so??
joeb

Post by joeb »

No chance not good enough when it matters,need a good stand off and a couple of centres for next year
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do I think he will Nee? NO. The players can though just as they did in the Dorahay era. Do I think they will? NO.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

I can't see us at Old Trafford. I reckon it will be a Hudds Wire final.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:Do I think he will Nee? NO. The players can though just as they did in the Dorahay era. Do I think they will? NO.
Can they though? We don't have a briers, long, sinfield, brough who will take the game into their own hands if its not working. Smith could be that player in time but not right now
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Do I think he will Nee? NO. The players can though just as they did in the Dorahay era. Do I think they will? NO.
Can they though? We don't have a briers, long, sinfield, brough who will take the game into their own hands if its not working. Smith could be that player in time but not right now
The players are there, it does not require magic but it does require a basic possession / field position game.
Wigan_forever1985

cpwigan wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
The players are there, it does not require magic but it does require a basic possession / field position game.
I think you're right in terms of the talent being there but at the same time I think they miss the ego.

All the great players have the right amount of ego that mindset of " I'm going to win this game for us " like I said briers et al have this. Wigan seem more "team" based and no-one grabs the bull by the horns when it's not going well
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You are right WF which is the way Wane / IL both want them

The one fly in the ointment who could manage it if he puts the club first before he leaves is Sam T.
Wigan_forever1985

Yeah but even if he did step up he'd need to be back in the halves to have enough influence playing at fullback gives him great opportunities in a dominating team but freezes him out the game behind a beaten pack