Good Luck Andy!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Re: Good Luck Andy!

Post by WiganWarrior »

I still think he deserves our good luck, and reading what he said in the program he'll prob be watching alot of games
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Sorry, but I for one can never forgive him, he's been very badly advised on this one !
Dont talk garbage, the guy has given his all to the club and the fans for 15 years, what exactly are you supposed to forgive him for ? for wanting to try somthing new while he still has the time to do it, for wanting a new challenge considering hes done everything there is apart from an ashes win. Wow with fans like you, why would anyone feel any loyalty to people with an attitude like you have.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ChrisA posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Sorry, but I for one can never forgive him, he's been very badly advised on this one !
Dont talk garbage, the guy has given his all to the club and the fans for 15 years, what exactly are you supposed to forgive him for ? for wanting to try somthing new while he still has the time to do it, for wanting a new challenge considering hes done everything there is apart from an ashes win. Wow with fans like you, why would anyone feel any loyalty to people with an attitude like you have.
I agree with the part about being advised. Ok he will get big money but i cannot fathom which position he will play in.

Centre not quick enough
Fly Half Too Big and not quick enough
Flanker - No8 takes years to learn the positions properly.

I feel someone maybe an agent has turned his head as Faz as a money making machine for the agents will not be thre in say 3-4 years in league.

As a Welshman i do hope though he takes Gavin Henson apart i hate that guy was a vengance. He is an average player with a big tackle on a smaller guy. Just hope Faz flattens him as he is defenitly Union's version of Long and we all know how we feel about him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

One of the more unusual things to surface now it's a done deal is that Faz is contracted to Wigan until 1st of June.

Why I don't know but if he is we are still paying his wages until then.

He said on an interview on BBC GMR on Thursday he will be spending the RU off season studying the game and watching videos.

It looks like Wigan will be paying him to sit on his backside in front of the TV.

Throughout the long discussions over the past couple of months I have always said my preferred solution would be the club have him see out his contract but if he played for us until the end of the season and then went, then fair enough.

He wouldn't leave us in such a hole with the squad and Wigan would still be doing him a favour and he could watch his RU videos easily enough.

Now since he is due back fit by about May but contracted to us until June, what prospect of seeing him play for us for a month?

Probably not a great deal but I can't help thinking if we are still paying him and he is fit he should be available for selection.

I also can't help thinking given the RU season is closed Maurice Lindsay was too quick to let him out of all his contractual commitments and should have done a deal to keep him here until the season ends.

Dave

LiL_WaRrIoR

Post by LiL_WaRrIoR »

I could be wrong but.....i really dont think that farrell has done this for the money! i think he genuinely felt that a change would be the best thing to do! he has given rugby league so much over the years and i believe that he did really want a new challenge! i'm not saying that money didnt come into it but i dont think he made the change purely for the money at all!! i wish him all the luck in the world and we will all miss him!
Wigan till i die!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

LiL_WaRrIoR posted:
I could be wrong but.....i really dont think that farrell has done this for the money! i think he genuinely felt that a change would be the best thing to do! he has given rugby league so much over the years and i believe that he did really want a new challenge! i'm not saying that money didnt come into it but i dont think he made the change purely for the money at all!! i wish him all the luck in the world and we will all miss him!
Having heard the interview on Thursday I don't think he has done it for the money either.

If that tells us anything it is that we need an International game to rival RU so players like Farrell don't see any nned to have a go at RU.

I think what he said about being a dual code international which is his ambition, is rather disturbing from RL's point of view. We don't see any RU players wanting to be dual code internationals do we? I hope RL players, whoever they play for, don't start to see it see it as a logical progression to move to RU once thay have had some success at RL.

Dave
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

shut up u welsh muppet. u havent got a clue son. farrell has served the club well and deserves success.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Agreed Dave, but I think virtually all RL fans will put club before country; the complete opposite of RU (where club games are poorly attended yet internationals sell out). Until that changes, we won't rival the international RU setup.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I may never forgive the bloke for leaving (only because im sad to see him go) but I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope he succeeds in everything he does!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
Southern Warrior

Post by Southern Warrior »

:( Andy won't leave Wigan for good he will be in Wigan dressing room more times than we think this year...He leaves with my thanks for the good and bad memories and all the luck in the world and god help those over weight forwards in union who think they can tackle Andy at full running speed!!!!! :eusa9:
WIGAN RUNS THOURGH MY VEINS