WHAT A WIN!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: WHAT A WIN!!!

Post by jinkin jimmy »

thegimble posted:
heydude posted:
just to say i would of been happy with 2 points out of this weekend ecstatic about the 4, AMAZING
Its quite sureal playing the 2nd and 3rd team in the SL and get 4 points, with half a team missing. Injury srisis what injury crisis.

Imagine if we get 4-5 back and they stay fit apart from Leeds SL teams are close and whose to say Leeds will not go the way of the Saints last season.

After all the doom and gloom things are looking a lot better.
Have to agree (this is killing me!)it looks like we have genuine competition for place when all are fit
heydude

Post by heydude »

thegimble posted:
heydude posted:
just to say i would of been happy with 2 points out of this weekend ecstatic about the 4, AMAZING
Its quite sureal playing the 2nd and 3rd team in the SL and get 4 points, with half a team missing. Injury srisis what injury crisis.

Imagine if we get 4-5 back and they stay fit apart from Leeds SL teams are close and whose to say Leeds will not go the way of the Saints last season.

leeds are in a purple patch at the moment and no-one and i mean no-one can keep that up for a season.
don't eat yellow snow
heydude

Post by heydude »

jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:
heydude posted:

Have to agree (this is killing me!)it looks like we have genuine competition for place when all are fit
why it's killing you jimmy
don't eat yellow snow
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

heydude posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted: Its quite sureal playing the 2nd and 3rd team in the SL and get 4 points, with half a team missing. Injury srisis what injury crisis.

why it's killing you jimmy
Cos my previous comments have been along the lines of the less optimistic amongst us :wink: . I'm delighted to be wrong at the moment - hope I stay wrong all season!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

That was outstanding! 1st half we looked pretty disjointed, and only kept in the game by some awesome defence, super work from super Kris, as always. We looked a lot better when Coyle came on (and I'm not just saying that because I would have played him from the start).
So glad Liam was on for that intercept, because Aspi wouldn't have had the pace to go all the way.
Come on Denis - give him the wing spot and play Aspi in his real position!)
Impressed with Vaealiki - he's getting better with every game, and those offloads for Dallas and (I think Hansen? couldn't see properly cos we were all jumping up and down) were superb! Newton was tremendous, and Jerry Jerry had a much greater influence than he has had recently. dallas' workrate, as always, was amazing.
can't pick a MOM, really, the pride and passion of all the team won that game1
heydude

Post by heydude »

no problem i for one hope your wrong this season because i've said somethings about denis betts which i was definitely wrong about.
don't eat yellow snow
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

why dont they try liam on the wing from the start on sunday against Whitehaven as it sounded like he had a good game. It sounded as though Newton and Rads had good games and Tickles kicking at the moment is superb. I think Faz has been working with him because against Saints he was talking to himself before kicking.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

warrior till i die posted:
why dont they try liam on the wing from the start on sunday against Whitehaven as it sounded like he had a good game. It sounded as though Newton and Rads had good games and Tickles kicking at the moment is superb. I think Faz has been working with him because against Saints he was talking to himself before kicking.
I think liam will start on sunday because whitehaven arent a top notch club like leeds/bradford etc, so i think liam will start and if denis has any sense he'll see that liams earned his chance
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

well i hope he starts because hes played well in the games he has played so far. He had a sound game against wakefield got obstructed when he was about to tackle rooney and scored a 90 m try against hull. Well done Liam!!!!!
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!