Humble Pie..........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Humble Pie..........

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

......or not? :wink:

(Regarding SW, Green and winning a playoff game!!)
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Humble Pie..........

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The team were awesome tonight but to maintain focus

The main criticism of Shaun wane is he doesn't change tactics when they aren't working our plan a worked tonight so he didn't need to.

In regard to green - best performance in a wigan shirt but even vialleki had a good few games I want to see him push on from here

Our energy levels looked as they should be tonight whatever been done in training stick with it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Re SW: haven't liked our style of rugby this season, 2nd half was class. Doesn't change my mind about SW, I don't disregard his rugby, I just think it could be done in different ways.
Re Green: had a good 2nd half. Sorry but there's no humble pie there, he's been average 2nd half of season. Not good enough 6 for Wigan. Only chance he will get to change MY mind is from next season.

Good performance from the boys. My MOM: my favourite Wigan player in the team, based on merit throughout the season, and tonight: Matty Smith.
TrueBlueWarrior

Did Andy Farrell speak to the lads over Skype before the game? :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Did Andy Farrell speak to the lads over Skype before the game? :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The team were awesome tonight but to maintain focus

The main criticism of Shaun wane is he doesn't change tactics when they aren't working our plan a worked tonight so he didn't need to.

In regard to green - best performance in a wigan shirt but even vialleki had a good few games I want to see him push on from here

Our energy levels looked as they should be tonight whatever been done in training stick with it
I'd agree with that. The reaction to the result at Saints will be interesting. There were a few Saints fans putting in appearances on rlfans for the first time in weeks as I reckon they expected to be playing us next week (a not unreasonable expectation given our form)and clearly fancied their chances.

On Sky it said Hudds will face Hull FC or KR or Les Cats. Is that right?
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I for one am happy to be wrong. I've been saying a lot of what others have said, no plan B, Green not good enough, tactically poor etc etc. but tonight, credit where's its due, different tactics, Green played very well and Smith is getting better and better.
Whatever some say on here, we are NOT all experts and I'm happily eating my words right now.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TrueBlueWarrior

Sorry I am just being mischievous, I know what the replies will be, it's only 1 win, Hudds were awful, it rained, we won with 1 tactic, blah blah blah. Who cares? We won and looked bloody good as well, much more positive about the rest of the playoffs now, especially with Flower at 13 (who by the way was questioned last week) so bring it on!!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Well it didn't look good after 10 minutes but I have to say that was a terrific win.

Good tactics. Everyone played well. Great win.

Crisis what crisis?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

I feared the worse when Huddersfield got their early try, but our performance after that was awesome!!

I will hold my hands up and admit I didnt think we would win a match in the play offs after last week against leeds but it was one of our best diplays of the season,

Well done lads!! :eusa2: