Terry Newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Terry Newton

Post by thegimble »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
mrs_carney posted:
danny scully didnt cause bother though, he wasnt on long enough, i'd of loved for him to smack longy like he did last year though hehe
thats because scully wasnt fit, he did his rib the first tackle or so he was on the field, so he was playing injured
I must admit im not a scully fan.

He is a player who i think struggles with his weight , possibly due to his diabetes, and his discipline is generally poor. THat was what i was referring to.
He is getting older so inevitable all props get bigger. He is not fit and is being rushed back we need now to let him get fit and returen when he iss ready and nor rush him.

He is a fantastic player when fit. Remember props get bettter with age he has time on his side so get off the guys back. You try playing with a damage rib.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

thegimble posted:
TRICKY DICKY posted:
mrs_carney posted:
danny scully didnt cause bother though, he wasnt on long enough, i'd of loved for him to smack longy like he did last year though hehe
thats because scully wasnt fit, he did his rib the first tackle or so he was on the field, so he was playing injured

He is a player who i think struggles with his weight , possibly due to his diabetes, and his discipline is generally poor. THat was what i was referring to.
He is getting older so inevitable all props get bigger. He is not fit and is being rushed back we need now to let him get fit and returen when he iss ready and nor rush him.

He is a fantastic player when fit. Remember props get bettter with age he has time on his side so get off the guys back. You try playing with a damage rib.
I think his diabetes is contributing to his weight gain, he doesnt seem much bigger to me, but a lot slower. I dont think its his weight that is the problem though, i think his hamstring he pulled is still not right. I know we're lightweight in the forwards but rushing danny back is obviously doing him more harm than good.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

thegimble posted:
TRICKY DICKY posted:
mrs_carney posted:
You are misinterpreting what im saying.

:( :(

Im not referring to yesterday, but in general.

However i tend to be pretty crap at saying what i mean.

I have been known to say the wrong thing several times recently.

:( :( :( :(
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The way Newton scragged Longy was fun to watch, though, wasn't it? Not only made to eat grass, but lost the ball too! Lovely!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
The way Newton scragged Longy was fun to watch, though, wasn't it? Not only made to eat grass, but lost the ball too! Lovely!
What was even more funny when Long dropped the ball off his kick over the top. Newton went up to him and put 2 fingers up and said that he had knocked on 2.

Long likes to dish it but goes quite when getting it.
heydude

Post by heydude »

yes laughing all the way to the bookies about that one (oops)
don't eat yellow snow
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
thegimble posted:
TRICKY DICKY posted: You are misinterpreting what im saying.

:( :(

Im not referring to yesterday, but in general.

However i tend to be pretty crap at saying what i mean.

I have been known to say the wrong thing several times recently.

:( :( :( :(

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

GeoffN posted:
That has to be in line for a tackle of the season haha, i actually thought he'd grabbed him by his hair at first but looking back i realised.......shame he didnt though. Another contender for worst hair though.......scott moore, whats going on there? Taking fashion tips from longy?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Forced a valuable knock on though.

One of mant from longy.

heydude

Post by heydude »

mrs_carney posted:
GeoffN posted:
That has to be in line for a tackle of the season haha, i actually thought he'd grabbed him by his hair at first but looking back i realised.......shame he didnt though. Another contender for worst hair though.......scott moore, whats going on there? Taking fashion tips from longy?
when scott moore came on to the field i ask a saints fan "who's the little girly" and the saints fan started to laugh and shook his head in disbelief.
don't eat yellow snow