Join our Clubb - Dan Sarginson's plea to Tony

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Join our Clubb - Dan Sarginson's plea to Tony

Post by josie andrews »

DAN SARGINSON will complete his move from London to Wigan this week and he is hoping his Broncos skipper Tony Clubb will join him at the DW Stadium.

Utility back Sarginson, 20, is being brought in to bolster Warriors’ coach Shaun Wane’s attacking options.

Wigan also have their eyes on Clubb, 26, a second row and centre.

And the ex-England player has asked for a release from the remaining year of his Broncos contract.

There is still no word on the fate of the Londoners with owner David Hughes reported to be unwilling to continue his funding.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby- ... ea-to-Tony
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Join our Clubb - Dan Sarginson's plea to Tony

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sorry, but I don't think either of them are good enough for us. Sarginson couldn't lace Pat's boots and Clubb is a bottler. I've also heard that Matt Bowen has now signed. That's more the quality of player we deserve!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

e="Kittwazzer"]Sorry, but I don't thinkh either of them are good enough for us. Sarginson couldn't lace Pat's boots and Clubb is a bottler. I've also heard that Matt Bowen has now signed. That's more the quality of player we deserve![/quote]

Matty Bowen is a equality player , but hasnt he got a dodgy knee.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gillysmyhero wrote:e="Kittwazzer"]Sorry, but I don't thinkh either of them are good enough for us. Sarginson couldn't lace Pat's boots and Clubb is a bottler. I've also heard that Matt Bowen has now signed. That's more the quality of player we deserve!
Matty Bowen is a equality player , but hasnt he got a dodgy knee.[/quote]

I'm sure it will have been fully checked out!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Kittwazzer wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:e="Kittwazzer"]Sorry, but I don'think either of them are good enough for us. Sargins. on couldn't lace Pat's boots and Clubb is a bottler. I've also heard that Matt Bowen has now signed. That's more the quality of player we deserve!
Matty Bowen is a equality player , but hasnt he got a dodgy knee.
I'm sure it will have been fully checked out![/quote]

I'm sure it has been. I just rember reading that he could have been forced to retire as his knee was in such a bad way. I hope he is fully fit because he is a class FB.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Bags of potential in both players, however neither have shown their best form in the last couple of seasons. I hope this isn't a case of never mind the quality feel the width

Sarginson is much the better of the two and if he regains his confidence and received plenty of good coaching, could become a really class player. Not sure we need another centre/second row though
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

butt monkey wrote:Bags of potential in both players, however neither have shown their best form in the last couple of seasons. I hope this isn't a case of never mind the quality feel the width

Sarginson is much the better of the two and if he regains his confidence and received plenty of good coaching, could become a really class player. Not sure we need another centre/second row though
And that's the thing butt monkey it's all about the coaching.Looking at the coaching staff over the past few seasons at London nothing inspires me.We are a much better organized club re the coaching set up here at Wigan.Sargison whilst he does not have the best defence in super league can be coached in certain aspects that are lacking.As for clubb I think he's a decent enough player that gives us depth and more options.I personally am more concerned at the signing of M.Bowen.Fantastic player that he's been in his playing career.I'm sure Wigan will have had him soundly checked out by the medical staff but surely that has already been done hence the lack of another playing contract back home.So it beggars the question who is correct.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

KOOCH wrote:I personally am more concerned at the signing of M.Bowen.Fantastic player that he's been in his playing career.I'm sure Wigan will have had him soundly checked out by the medical staff but surely that has already been done hence the lack of another playing contract back home.So it beggars the question who is correct.
No way would we put anyone on our payroll unless he ticked the boxes. Besides, he is giving us the cover we would have had from Sam's 3rd year whilst we bring our young guns in so he's unlikely to play every game. Could be a good signing in that respect!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sarginson could be a very good player - a Ratchford type of utility player - but Clubb has too many flaws, when we have enough junior talent and Powell as a work in progress.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Kittwazzer wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I personally am more concerned at the signing of M.Bowen.Fantastic player that he's been in his playing career.I'm sure Wigan will have had him soundly checked out by the medical staff but surely that has already been done hence the lack of another playing contract back home.So it beggars the question who is correct.
No way would we put anyone on our payroll unless he ticked the boxes. Besides, he is giving us the cover we would have had from Sam's 3rd year whilst we bring our young guns in so he's unlikely to play every game. Could be a good signing in that respect!
I know what your saying kittwazzer but have we a recognized full back? Because the way I have been reading things it seems FB is causing quite a few headaches.Yes Matty Bowen is potentially a good option if all is medically well with him.But who is our recognized full back?and that for me is a big issue.Unfortunately for me I am unable to see the academy boys play and rely on others who are able to identify future potential fb.Young L.Tierney from what I have seen does not cut the mustard for me.Hampshire who knows? :D