Three players charged by RFL Match Review Panel

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Three players charged by RFL Match Review Panel

Post by josie andrews »

Three players have been charged with offences committed in last weekend’s Super League and Kingstone Press Championship play-offs.

Lee Briers of Warrington Wolves has been charged with Grade A punching in the 22nd minute of the Super League qualifying play-off against Leeds Rhinos.

Eloi Pelissier of Catalan Dragons has been charged with the Grade A offence of standing on an opponent in the 57th minute of the Super League elimination play-off against Hull FC.

Johnny Campbell of Batley Bulldogs has been charged with making a Grade B high tackle in the 80th minute of the Kingstone Press Championship preliminary semi-final against Leigh Centurions.

The players were charged after the incidents were viewed by the RFL Match Review Panel earlier today. All three have until 11.00am on Tuesday September 17 to submit Early Guilty Pleas.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/28 ... ed-by-rfl?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jolleymike

Re: Three players charged by RFL Match Review Panel

Post by jolleymike »

briers gets to submit an early plea card, due to his exemplary record so no ban or anything, if that was a wigan player he would be banned for at least 3 games
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

To be honest I want to face a full strength wire side in the final, don't want any excuses when we crush them.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hopefully the whinoes will return the favour if the wolves pick them in the club call.

It would be good to see the worst, most underhand, cowardly plug-faced, overrated cheat that SL ever produced get a good kicking at least once before he retires.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
markill

Post by markill »

jolleymike wrote:briers gets to submit an early plea card, due to his exemplary record so no ban or anything, if that was a wigan player he would be banned for at least 3 games
I'm not sure there is any evidence to support that claim. If a player with the same record did the same thing then the result would be the same. The system shows that. So, Smith with his decent record throws one sole punch at an opponent, he gets a Grade A and EGP so no ban. That would be the outcome.

I think the difference is how it was treated on the field. Briers seems to had a good rapport with the refs and I think this would have helped him suffer no more than a penalty during the game. I don't have any evidence to support this either, but 'comparable' incidents where I have ssen a red card have been for players already having a poor disciplinary reputation and not players who speak to refs throughout games and seem to share jokes. Justin Poore on Liam Farrell would be an example. Very similar build up, just one punch landed, player had a different record and rapport with refs.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:
jolleymike wrote:briers gets to submit an early plea card, due to his exemplary record so no ban or anything, if that was a wigan player he would be banned for at least 3 games
I'm not sure there is any evidence to support that claim. If a player with the same record did the same thing then the result would be the same. The system shows that. So, Smith with his decent record throws one sole punch at an opponent, he gets a Grade A and EGP so no ban. That would be the outcome.

I think the difference is how it was treated on the field. Briers seems to had a good rapport with the refs and I think this would have helped him suffer no more than a penalty during the game. I don't have any evidence to support this either, but 'comparable' incidents where I have ssen a red card have been for players already having a poor disciplinary reputation and not players who speak to refs throughout games and seem to share jokes. Justin Poore on Liam Farrell would be an example. Very similar build up, just one punch landed, player had a different record and rapport with refs.
Having a good rapport/jokes with the ref should be completely irrelevant!! A clear punch on an opponent should in my opinion be a red card and at least a 1 game ban depending on previous record.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
markill wrote:

Having a good rapport/jokes with the ref should be completely irrelevant!! A clear punch on an opponent should in my opinion be a red card and at least a 1 game ban depending on previous record.
I agree, it should be irrelevant, but I'm not sure it is in reality, unfortunately.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I agree Markill, Wilkin is another!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Taken from the RFL guidelines!!!
Strikes – punching A-B Reaction to opponent – lashing out
E-F Running in & punching – opponent off guard

How does Briers get away with a Grade A offence? Typical inconsistencies and with an early please will not serve any ban whatsoever!!!! :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
BriH

Post by BriH »

FROM A TO B wrote:Taken from the RFL guidelines!!!
Strikes – punching A-B Reaction to opponent – lashing out
E-F Running in & punching – opponent off guard

How does Briers get away with a Grade A offence? Typical inconsistencies and with an early please will not serve any ban whatsoever!!!! :angry:
A Law for One and a Law for Others.