Green

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ken

Green

Post by Ken »

What did we make of green performances today, tackling good, playmaker with smith. Dot so good, kicking not so good but nearly a 40/20
Ken Blinston
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Green

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Not good enough for me but a solid pro. If we had good halves we would have murdered that game last night. Our kicking game is poor, watch the Aussies and see how it should be done.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That's ridiculously harsh on Smith. Watch the last 2 tries again for Smith's all round contribution. I agree Green is not all that. Rocky will be ready soon enough though.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whilst Green does seem to have gone off the boil in the last couple of months, was it the Huddersfield game when he seemed to have knocked on from the kick off then pointed out that his foot was in the dead zone?

For some reason, maybe it was determined demeanour, my confidence never waned from that point!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

We need someone new. The grass can only be Greener on the other side.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:That's ridiculously harsh on Smith. Watch the last 2 tries again for Smith's all round contribution. I agree Green is not all that. Rocky will be ready soon enough though.
We agree to disagree. I am not saying that Smith is a poor player I am simply saying that a better player would have torn Leeds apart last night. The problem is that there are no great half backs in this country. Edwards, Gregory, Lam or Barrett would have had a field day on Friday with the game being done and dusted by half-time. Fortunately, we may have the next generation on our books in Williams, Hampshire and Shorrocks whilst Chris Taylor should not be written off yet. I firmly believe that at least one of the incumbent halves and possibly both will be disposed in the next two years.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards