Orr or Luke

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

Re: Orr or Luke

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

The evidence or circumstances appear too overwelming for it not to be.

The news broke the day after the challenge cup final.

The wednesday after robinson was loaned to cas.

He was only recalled because of injuries.

On his return he was told there is no new contract going to be offered.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
The evidence or circumstances appear too overwelmong for it not to be.

The news broke the day after the challenge cup final.

The wednesday after robinson was loaned to cas.

He was only recalled because of injuries.

On his return he was told there is no new contract going to be offered.
If all this is true it's good to see we are a club who still have principles but the club could have been big enough to announce the real reason for his departure. It would have prevented lots of us out here thinking they had lost their marbles.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Its obvious that he has done somthing serious that the club dont like, or the club have seen somthing in him that they dont like.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Its a shame luke's gone because we do need him, but he was released for the things he did off the field not in, which nobody can control except the guy himself.
Orr put his hand up to play on friday, which i thought was a brave thing to do after only dislocating his shoulder 2weeks ago. He ordered us on the field and provided a massive influence in defence and attack.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

That was what i noticed and have previously posted.
This guy dug deep. Fair play,m it takes balls to dig deep sometimes, he stood firm when called upon.

Fair play danny.

heydude

Post by heydude »

one thing i do have to say about danny orr is he might come into his own now because on friday you seen him organising the team like a half back should, he has to be the general out there calling the plays which with farrell gone now he can do,i always though farrell took to much control of this area and should have left his half backs doing the job (like in the case of gavin clinch,gavin was a good scrum half but part of his game was calling the plays and farrell took that away from him and personally thats why i feel gavin did not shine at wigan and this can also be the case with danny).
don't eat yellow snow
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

No i thinks its more a case of they are good players surrounded by average players, therefore they shine.

They come to wigna and become good players surrounded by good and exellent players.

Therefore they dont stand out as much./

BUT IT DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE POOR.

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

heydude posted:
one thing i do have to say about danny orr is he might come into his own now because on friday you seen him organising the team like a half back should, he has to be the general out there calling the plays which with farrell gone now he can do,i always though farrell took to much control of this area and should have left his half backs doing the job (like in the case of gavin clinch,gavin was a good scrum half but part of his game was calling the plays and farrell took that away from him and personally thats why i feel gavin did not shine at wigan and this can also be the case with danny).
I also thought faz took control of everything which wasnt always a bad thing, but orr did seem to exert more control on friday and hopefuly will continue to control his area of the field
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

tIME WILL TELL BUT LETS HOPE YOUR RIGHT.

heydude

Post by heydude »

i'm not calling farrell just because he has gone, just trying to say maybe he should of taken a step back now and then to help create something a little different.
don't eat yellow snow