Stephen Jones is not very nice

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Re: Stephen Jones is not ...

Post by warrior till i die »

that is pathetic talk about rugby league getting bad critism. As he ever seen Farrell play? How can they call onion a sport when all they do is kick to each other? :angry:
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

heydude posted:
thing is guy's like him are scared he's what you call a doom monger he has to these things because if a league player shows up a union player it means union is c**p but he has never looked at the player himself is he a world class yes he is ,what i'm trying to get at is an average league player won't beat a world class union player in a union game so does that mean union is better no it doesn't these two games are different it takes a special player to suceed in both codes which i think farrell will but this guy is just looking at farrell as a league player not a world class player and trying to stir up a hatred that is simply not there.(sorry for going on a bit and maybe not making much sense still suffering from a hangover.)
But dude union is crap. Im different to most on here i played in the national league 5 thats 5 away from National level. An i know its crap.
That was in Wales
heydude

Post by heydude »

thegimble posted:
heydude posted:
thing is guy's like him are scared he's what you call a doom monger he has to these things because if a league player shows up a union player it means union is c**p but he has never looked at the player himself is he a world class yes he is ,what i'm trying to get at is an average league player won't beat a world class union player in a union game so does that mean union is better no it doesn't these two games are different it takes a special player to suceed in both codes which i think farrell will but this guy is just looking at farrell as a league player not a world class player and trying to stir up a hatred that is simply not there.(sorry for going on a bit and maybe not making much sense still suffering from a hangover.)
But dude union is crap. Im different to most on here i played in the national league 5 thats 5 away from National level. An i know its crap.
That was in Wales
ok union is crap must be the alcohol talking (hic)
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

warrior till i die posted:
that is pathetic talk about rugby league getting bad critism. As he ever seen Farrell play? How can they call onion a sport when all they do is kick to each other? :angry:
Just realise is he not jealous of the fact that the sigining of Faz has taken thse shine of there Grand Slam and might he be jelous of the money Faz will be on.
heydude

Post by heydude »

what grand slam (hehehehehe)
don't eat yellow snow
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

his argument doesn't hold water and anyone can see it.why buy league players who are injured and have only a few years left in them? why employ league coaches to improve defences? the union game is in panic.coaches and players are not comming up to grade and they are worried.league is getting better crowds are on the up and the last tri nations was a big hit with sky tv. i like to see when we touch nerves and we have just hit one with a hammer!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He never mentioned if it wasnt for league they wouldnt have the world cup right now and as for
Rugby league’s world in England is a tiny one, at a top level confined almost entirely to, as one league writer says, “a slender slice of the north between Hull and Widnes�. He described it as feeling “like a prison�. The code is always anxious to be noticed outside that slender slice
That is just utter balls
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

LIKE MANY OF US HAVE SPOKEN LAST WEEK PRE- FRIDAY.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Dear Mr Gimble,
Didn't realise you were Welsh. I for 1 do speak Welsh and take great exception fo your comment. I didn't mind England winning the lasat world cup. In fact it was a nice change for as northtern hemisphere side to win it. Full of part time supporters eh. Think you should have been in Cardiff last Saturday. Really think Stephen Jones may have gone to France for the same reasons Faz ment To RU. Not really sure tho. Cannot blame either though and really do wish them both the best of luck. Wishing Faz the best of luck could really come back and haunt me though. I am a guy who really prefers league to union. Reasons I won't go into here. If you really think all South Walians are plastic come and have a chat. I wear my Welsh jersey with pride along with my warrior jersey.
Cleveland Pieman

Post by Cleveland Pieman »

For 5 of the last 6 weeks there have been quality full page (broadsheet) articles on RL and features on players in the Sunday Times. Generally the paper is good for RL coverage.

The problem has been with Stephen Jones ( :eusa8: ) , the article was printed on the RU page in the paper.He is obviously ignorant of the facts and now deserves all he gets.