Micky Mac, an 80 Min Hooker!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Micky Mac, an 80 Min Hooker!!

Post by cpwigan »

Hopefully the GF has shown that Mac can do 80 minutes and actually play better keeping him playing the full game.
josie andrews

Re: Micky Mac, an 80 Min Hooker!!

Post by josie andrews »

Mickey got the coaches player of the year award tonight :)

Well done Mickey.

He also got the tackle of the year, the one on Elima in Perpy in August :)

:eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mac is not just an 80 minute player he is a big game number 9.
I have yet to see robey, KFC, Lunt and Monaghan have big games in important matches against Mac, in fact I can't recollect robey ever having a good game against micky mac.
Against the Aussies and Kiwi's he has to be the first choice 9 with his determination and ability to put players off their game.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Pretty sure wane knows this, you only have to look at ladt season for reference. He burnt him out last year though and has been able to develop logans game in the regular rounds and then use MM for the 80 in the play offs, I think if we weren't light in the forwards against Leeds he wouldn't of picked Logan for that game either. Another tactic that wane got spot on.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hope Micky continues to take the line on, if only to lock the opposition middle defenders before they start sliding. Lunt is very effective in this regard. Truth be told Micky is far better at darting from acting hb close to the try line than he is ever given credit for.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AdamMac wrote:Pretty sure wane knows this, you only have to look at ladt season for reference. He burnt him out last year though and has been able to develop logans game in the regular rounds and then use MM for the 80 in the play offs, I think if we weren't light in the forwards against Leeds he wouldn't of picked Logan for that game either. Another tactic that wane got spot on.
I am sure not playing the full 80 kept MM fresher and in that sense Wane has learned from his mistake last season but I don't think he will have set out with the idea to play MM the full 80 in the finals. I wanted him to do so myself simply because I don't think Logan is up to it. Maybe Wane came to the same conclusion.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Was by far the best player on the pitch for Wigan on Saturday,and that was view shared by many sat near me including quite a few Wire fans with rugby brains (Not words you would normally use in the same sentence)

Aside to the 80 mins on the pitch, he was nothing but an aggressive pain in the arse for Warrington and deservedly got his try which really sealed the comeback.

If Wane did say at half time "be more aggressive" then MM was certainly up there for the whole match suitably backed up by H in the 2nd half.

Green got the MOM probably because of him recovering from the slap off Westwood but Mickey was brilliant
mickw wrote:Once I saw he was going to play 80 mins I backed him for MOM,I was robbed.
I backed MM to be MOTM as well. 30/1 were the odds, and I also agree that Green got the vote as he played so well after being assaulted by Westwood - otherwise MM would have got it.

So Westwood, as well as being a cowardly thug, you also cost me about £500.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Hopefully the GF has shown that Mac can do 80 minutes and actually play better keeping him playing the full game.
I have no doubt that he is an 80 minute player but we can't expect him to play the full game every week and constantly perform to a high standard. I am all for playing only one hooker in the big games but we need to consider how the likes of Logan share the load throughout the regular season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
phild1

Post by phild1 »

yokozuna wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Was by far the best player on the pitch for Wigan on Saturday,and that was view shared by many sat near me including quite a few Wire fans with rugby brains (Not words you would normally use in the same sentence)

Aside to the 80 mins on the pitch, he was nothing but an aggressive pain in the arse for Warrington and deservedly got his try which really sealed the comeback.

If Wane did say at half time "be more aggressive" then MM was certainly up there for the whole match suitably backed up by H in the 2nd half.

Green got the MOM probably because of him recovering from the slap off Westwood but Mickey was brilliant
mickw wrote:Once I saw he was going to play 80 mins I backed him for MOM,I was robbed.
I backed MM to be MOTM as well. 30/1 were the odds, and I also agree that Green got the vote as he played so well after being assaulted by Westwood - otherwise MM would have got it.

So Westwood, as well as being a cowardly thug, you also cost me about £500.
=phild1==hardly a slap on green,taking one of beny's best CHEAP SHOTS he deserved MOM;mickey was great and that try was brill.WANEY take a bow mate,i would loved to be in the dressing room at half time :D
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He's wonderful, isn't he?
And only going to get better.
We have to spell him to make sure he plays 80 in the big games. I strongly suspect he will be spelled by someone other than Logan as we move into the post Tomkins era. Can Williams play there?
He, Faz and Lockers will ensure that we'll win something again next season. When we get to 2015, and Rocky and co take over, we'll have a run like Leeds and Saints had (a long time ago now, in Saints' case :) )