TV coverage of the World Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
platt-warrior

Re: TV coverage of the World Cup

Post by platt-warrior »

Been comming through a treat.Just think I'll be able to watch the ENG v AUST cock-up in HD.

Cant wait to watch the old matches friends have been telling me about. :D
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

The Aussie arrangements for a Rugby league world cup are a worry for the game.

If What I'm hearing is right the Ch7 broadcaster has the games Live and then replayed around 2.30 - 3pm ......not too well thought out for the working populace.

You have to buy a seperate recorder for that channels if you want to record , terrible business.

New Zealands Sky Television have the package , the cups well covered and replayed wall to wall , one of the advantages of living in a banana republic with a television monopoly.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

markill wrote:
medlocke wrote:The sooner premier sports takes super league of sky the better
In what way?

They have less viewers/subscribers. They offer less outside of game time exposure as they don't have a 24hr rolling sports news channel or other channels to advertise upcoming RL coverage on. They also don't have as much money to offer for the rights I would suspect. The sooner more sports broadcasters (BBC, ITV, C4, C5, BT Sport and Premier Sport) all start bidding for a part of the Super LEague pie the better, but just passing coverage to Premier Sports, whilst we as existing fans might like them and like getting all our RL in one place, would be another nail in the coffin in terms of revenues in our sport.
For the simple reason that all the other Rugby League is on Premier Sports and supporters who are only interested in Rugby League would only have to pay one subscription. a Would be even better if it was a subscription channel on FREEVIEW and not as it is at present where you have to pay a subscription to Virgin or Sky and then a further subscription to Premier.

As for the rolling news content on Sky, most of that is about Football, Cricket and Rugby Union.

Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Looking at Premier Sports on Sky guide it's says on their listing when there is a World Cup match that it is freeview. So hopefully as a Sky viewer I can watch it free. When other sporting content is shown it will go back to being encrypted.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
markill wrote:
medlocke wrote:The sooner premier sports takes super league of sky the better
In what way?

They have less viewers/subscribers. They offer less outside of game time exposure as they don't have a 24hr rolling sports news channel or other channels to advertise upcoming RL coverage on. They also don't have as much money to offer for the rights I would suspect. The sooner more sports broadcasters (BBC, ITV, C4, C5, BT Sport and Premier Sport) all start bidding for a part of the Super LEague pie the better, but just passing coverage to Premier Sports, whilst we as existing fans might like them and like getting all our RL in one place, would be another nail in the coffin in terms of revenues in our sport.
For the simple reason that all the other Rugby League is on Premier Sports and supporters who are only interested in Rugby League would only have to pay one subscription. a Would be even better if it was a subscription channel on FREEVIEW and not as it is at present where you have to pay a subscription to Virgin or Sky and then a further subscription to Premier.

As for the rolling news content on Sky, most of that is about Football, Cricket and Rugby Union.
So because you want to pay less is the reason? Fair enough from your personal point of view but limited for any chance to grow the sport and its revenues, which from my point of view is more important.

Can't believe Premier Sports is free on Virgin. Great news for their subscribers.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Keep George.

Sam will get culled by the Judiciary

Tom , don't need em.

That's how I felt after that bitterly dissapointing loss.

The Burgess ruined It as a contest with their Ball handling so many times.

Frustrating.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

markill wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
markill wrote: In what way?

So because you want to pay less is the reason? Fair enough from your personal point of view but limited for any chance to grow the sport and its revenues, which from my point of view is more important.

Can't believe Premier Sports is free on Virgin. Great news for their subscribers.
No, because I suspect like the majority of Rugby League supporters, I would prefer to pay one subscription to Premier Sports on a subscription channel on 'Freeview' rather than be blackmailed into having a basic package from Sky or Virgin, a further subscription for Sky Sports and then a even further upgrade to Premier Sports.

Time the racket was stopped and people allowed to buy different sports channels in accordance with whatever sport they support.

If it was not for the last minute decision by Premier Sports to give free coverage of the World Cup. my television coverage would have been confined to the BBC limited games and highlights.

If Premier Sports have any sense, they will create a subscription channel on 'Freeview' like BT Sports.

For the first time in years, I missed the Australian Grand Final due to it being on Premier Sports as I am no longer willing to be ripped off by Sky and Virgin.

You never know, but it might be a tester by Premier Sports to see how many people tune in to their coverage with a view to creating a separate channel independent of Sky and Virgin.

I hope so!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

There are other ways of watching RL other than tv.You could have watched the GF (as i did) on VIPBOX.tv-for free!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm a bit annoyed as I have to pay for Premier Sports thru Sky, I don't see why Virgin users should get it free :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Hard cheese :wink: