Don,t forget to buy a poppy!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
the winky one

Don,t forget to buy a poppy!

Post by the winky one »

Very important day coming up so get your poppies..had a chat with two elderly veterans in uniform on Tueaday in Wigan..had a good laugh with them. They put the louts and troublemakers to shame.....also does anybody know how the date for Remembrance Sunday is worked out?...I'll be glued to the screen as usual with a lump in my throat
platt-warrior

Re: Don,t forget to buy a poppy!

Post by platt-warrior »

If i remember correctly Armistice Day was the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month.The service of rememberance is held as near to that.

I have marched twice at the service in London,once with my late Dad and again pushing my uncle in a wheelchair.I cannot think of a more moving experience,and the sense of comradeship is overwhelming.These men and women have seen and done things in our defence ,yet find the time to march in rememberance of their mates.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

I go every to the Cenotaph in St.Helens every year,my dads two brothers where killed in ww1,every year the crowds are getting bigger and bigger,i think the reason for that is the Falklands and other places where people have fought for there country, and after the service my wife and me go round town having a few drinks,last year we ended up in Liverpool and you meet different people who have lost some due to the wars.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

the winky one wrote:Very important day coming up so get your poppies..had a chat with two elderly veterans in uniform on Tueaday in Wigan..had a good laugh with them. They put the louts and troublemakers to shame.....also does anybody know how the date for Remembrance Sunday is worked out?...I'll be glued to the screen as usual with a lump in my throat
All to do with a document to end the first world war being signed at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918.

'They should never be forgotten'
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kaitlin Brandon

Kaitlin's father, L/Cpl Richard Brandon of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME), died in September 2009 when he was killed in a bomb blast during an essential resupply mission in Afghanistan.

In the months following Richard's death, The Royal British Legion provided financial advice and support to Kaitlin's mother Emma and her family.

Emma and Kaitlin appeared in the Legion's 2010 Poppy Appeal poster campaign, when Kaitlin was four-years old.

"My Grandad was a big supporter of The Royal British Legion so I was already familiar with it. Now, I tell lots of people to go to the Legion for help because of my positive experience."Kaitlin's mother, Emma