Another Millie whinge...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Another Millie whinge...

Post by GeoffN »

now saying that 2 games so close together is too much for the players to cope with!

Yeah, we just showed that, didn't we?

proud_pie_eater

Re: Another Millie whinge...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I think they can cope with one weekend of constant rugby, its the type of thing players look forward to!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
Red Hot Mama

Re: Another Millie whinge....

Post by Red Hot Mama »

I must say in fairness it isn't a game of football. (with no disrespect to footballers). Rugby players particularly in local derbies don't just run round do they? They literally put thier bodies on the line. To do this with only a couple of day to get over each match is a big ask of them. Maybe someone should look at the fixture list to see what can be done.
Brian's Girl

redhead

Post by redhead »

I must say I think it is too much for the players when it gets to Sundays game we will have played 3 games in 10 days great we've got the full points needed but at what cost to our squad we have so many injuries and although I love going to games I think we really need to look at how many we are playing in a season, maybe at Easter the games should be spread out over the long weekend rather than expecting teams to plays twice in 4 days.
the little walnut
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

As Phil Clarke said, the alternatives are either to extend an already long season, or reduce the total number of games.

Players had many more games per season in the past, and played in winter, with more energy-sapping conditions. I dont recall Vince Karalius, Brian McTigue or Alex Murphy complaining.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

This does surprise me, millward whinging.
Is there anything he does like about the rugby league system apart from his own team?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
This does surprise me, millward whinging.
Is there anything he does like about the rugby league system apart from his own team?
The fact that the rules don't allow Ganson to ref Saints games? Sky Sports paying him to whinge on TV?
Summer rugby allowing him to wear those sunglasses?
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

ask the players do they want to change the fixtures,i,m sure they would say no. as for playing more games years ago , the players are fitter and faster now and the finer you tune a player the easier they break. these players are like formula 1 race cars they are for high performance over short distance not for running up 10,000 miles between service.on another point i think as the pitches firm up it will be to the benefit of our lighter players. and one more thing i,m still grinning like a cat after the weekend games
robjoenz

Re: Another Millie whinge...

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
now saying that 2 games so close together is too much for the players to cope with!

Yeah, we just showed that, didn't we?
He's always whinging over this point. It's funny though how they managed to put up a good performance in the second game against Bradford yet lose to a weakened Wigan side and two of their players collapse because of the heat in their first game. You'd have expected his point to hold more weight if it was the other way around.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

And yet another...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 393127.stm

To be honest, I watched that game on TV and thought Silverwood had a pretty good game. Apart from the antics of Ganson and Klein, I think refs aren't quite as bad this season.
The goal kick might have been debatable, but that was the TJ, not the ref.