I'm back.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

I'm back.

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: Sorry to dissapoint everyone, but you are all wrong, been on holiday (and very good it was too).

Can't contribute at the moment (work), but, would just like to quickly say.

1. Friday, well done to the lads, the effort was immense.

2. Monday, what can I say, the second half was superb, (i managed to go to Hull) we played like heroes.

But back to your comments over the weekend, I see you all missed me ! It must be a love hate thing ?

I have just finished a large slice of humble pie, it was'nt very nice !

You lot certainly need me, as the innane drivel you have been posting, would send most people to sleep, you all seem to want to tell each other how good we are, and just keep agreeing with each other... well we'll see about that.

As Arnie said 'I'll be back'
wolftown warrior

Re: I'm back.

Post by wolftown warrior »

good post mate..
as u said, we were hero`s all weekend.. who would have thought. come bank holiday monday evening, we would be third, playing with the problems we have..

any how, good to see u ain`t shying away..& your beliefs are your beliefs mate.. u`ll prob get some stick this next week though!! :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doug Stand posted:
OK enough with the optomism... just to balance it out I'll share this with you. I did think the ref played a majorly huge part in our success on Friday. He made a massive error which would have given St.Helens 6 points...sorry about that, but you wouldn't want me to be blowing all sunshine now would you
:D
The ref was not wrong. He blew as soon as the knock on happened before O'Loughlin patted it to Gardner , presumably as he was righ on the spot. So there was no way he could then let the interception continue.

We were lucky but we didn't win becaus ehe made a mistake because he didn't.

Dave
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

yes your back i can stop my negative post of the day now :)
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doug Stand posted:
To the incident in question. the ref is not supposed to blwo up straight away, ge is supposed to let play continue to determine advantage. There was an advantage to St.Helens because Loughlin palmed the ball. If he had of caught id and passed then there is no advantage.
The only bit of the whole game I heard on the radio back from the airport was this incident. The radio guys said we knocked on but there was another Wigan touch before the Saints player got the ball, therefore we've committed a double offence and the decision to stop play was correct. I've not seen the video, so if Gardner got the ball straight away then maybe it was a mistake by the ref but if there was more than one offence by us then the ref has to blow up. The radio commentators are not known for being particularly pro-Wigan but they said he was spot-on with the decision.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:
The ref was not wrong. He blew as soon as the knock on happened before O'Loughlin patted it to Gardner , presumably as he was righ on the spot. So there was no way he could then let the interception continue.

Dave
Whilst I agree with you there DaveO I bet I am right in saying we'd all be mightily annoyed if it had gone against us and we'd been denied a try for no good reason?

Having said that I was annoyed when Newton's quick tap on their line which led to a try whilst Saints weren't watching was disallowed and he made him take the penalty again.

Some go in your favour some don't, we've had a bit of luck this weekend, but as they say, you make you're own luck!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
Whilst I agree with you there DaveO I bet I am right in saying we'd all be mightily annoyed if it had gone against us and we'd been denied a try for no good reason?
Well I wouldn't say Saints were denied for no good reason simply because the ref had blown so that was the end of that.

Sure we would be annoyed if it had happened to us but the ref wasn't technically wrong. It reminds me of the infamous "knock-on-Tommy" Tommy Martyn try that won Saints a game at the JJB in the now distant past.

Any Saints fan would have been annoyed had we won a game with a similar try whether it was a knock on or not so I aint about to cry that this decision went our way (as opposed to that Martyn one) as it's about time we had a bit of good luck!
Having said that I was annoyed when Newton's quick tap on their line which led to a try whilst Saints weren't watching was disallowed and he made him take the penalty again.

Some go in your favour some don't, we've had a bit of luck this weekend, but as they say, you make you're own luck!
We certainly did have some luck - long overdue IMO :lol:

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

lets not get to carried away, we have done an awsome job beating Saints and Hull, but we cannot play with that sort of emotion and heart every week, the players just cannot do it every week, we need to make few signings or loans to get us through this season, or I fear for the youngsters getting to many games to early in their careers. Lets face it the emotion of beating those 2 sides over easter would have been immense for the young lads, but imagine if we had just lost out in both games, they would have been devastated after putting in so much effort, and their confidence would have been shot to pieces, Like I say we need to protect the younger guys from having to play every week, who we sign is always the question, to which I have no answers.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Every team has had desicions made against them and sometimes little things like the occasional bad desicion are made the excuse of why that team lost, its a bit stupid really because there have been another 79 minites played and every second counts in rugby league, a desicion may be the turning point of a game but not the only reason why a team wins or looses!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

You're quite right DaveO, the referee wasn't in the wrong, I made a bad choice of words. I was just trying to see it from another point of view, I'd be angry if we'd missed a try in the same circumstances.

Not taking anything away from the lads though, we were fantastic for the most part in both games, showed true spirit which is all the fans want. If we play like that and even lose we'd not come away too unhappy.