what are you all reading?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kaii

Re: what are you all reading?

Post by Kaii »

I have a file with thousands of kindle books on by all sorts of authors, I'll try and find it this weekend and post a download link
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Any one who likes police procedural novels l can thoroughly recommend Peter James' Inspector Grace books (all have Dead in their title) the last one was Dead Man's Time. :o
I also like Katie Atkinson's Jackson Brodie books (e.g. Case Histories, Got up early walked my dog etc) - if you haven't read these Josie and as you like La Plante I recommend them to you....
I also like Christian Jaq's Egyptian books ....
At the mo I'm surrounded by psychology text books revising for my second lot of uni final exams in my life (glutton for punishment!) with a pile of ' read me read me' books growing by the bed! (including Backlash ) :D
I suppose I should get back to split half methods and convergent validity ... :craz: :craz:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyone read any of Linwood Barclay's books?

He is another one of my favourite writers. Unlike the previous mentioned detective novels, with Barclay you have no idea what his next book will be about, they are all so different yet impossible to put down.There aren't all that many so I would recommend Too Close to Home to start with and see what you think!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I'm currently working my way (slowly) through the Lee Childs novels. I've read all the Stephen Leather - Dan Shepherd novels (apart from the very latest one), which I'll be downloading to my Kindle.

Before that I've read all the Chris Ryan, Andy McNab novels. I love all that military type stuff and the best one that I've ever read was Close Quarter Battle, by Mike Curtis. Awesome account of a blokes life, from growing up in the Rrhonda (sp), playing RU at a high standard, joining the Para's and going to the Falklands, then joining the SAS and his career in that.

I've read absolutely loads of SAS books and CQB is by far the best.

Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Cant beat a good old Jack Higgins, especially one featuring Sean Dillon !!
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyone read any Dennis Wheatley?

I got hooked on his books and read them all in my 20s. They scared the crap out of me!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Anyone read any Dennis Wheatley?

I got hooked on his books and read them all in my 20s. They scared the crap out of me!
I too got addicted to Denis Wheatley novels, in my early teens tho, Gregory Sallust & Duc de Richleau series were just brilliant :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

josie andrews wrote:

I too got addicted to Denis Wheatley novels, in my early teens tho, Gregory Sallust & Duc de Richleau series were just brilliant :)
Read The Devil Rides Out......with the lights on. :shoc:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

:lol: that was the first of Denis Wheatley books I read & which got me hooked :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I too got addicted to Denis Wheatley novels, in my early teens tho, Gregory Sallust & Duc de Richleau series were just brilliant :)
:lol: that was the first of Denis Wheatley books I read & which got me hooked :)
For me it was the Ka of Gifford Hillary!