Betts does talk rubbish sometimes!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
hayley 04

Re: Betts does talk rubbis...

Post by hayley 04 »

I think the players we've got now are superior to Hanley. Players like Phil Clarke, Andrew Farrell and even Dean Bell, when he played loose forward, were better players than Hanley. Thats not to say i didn't think Hanley was a good player just think there were better
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

hayley 04 posted:
I think the players we've got now are superior to Hanley. Players like Phil Clarke, Andrew Farrell and even Dean Bell, when he played loose forward, were better players than Hanley. Thats not to say i didn't think Hanley was a good player just think there were better
You really should stay on your medication :wink:
heydude

Post by heydude »

jimmy you naughty boy
don't eat yellow snow
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

I don't think so!!! Its my opinion thats all and its never likely to happen anyway! Denis Betts is doing a good job at moment but personally i would love to see Stuart Raper back but thats not likely to happen either!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Yes I know but Hanley was one of the very few players you could call great
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Yeah i guess your right it just seems a long time ago now and i've often wondered how people like Hanley, Bell, Lydon, Edwards, Gregory would cope in superleague. Thinking about it they'd probably do as well as the players we've got now!
heydude

Post by heydude »

but we will never know
don't eat yellow snow
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

True and i don't think you can ever go back just forward and be grateful for the players we've had and have now got!
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

I don't know whether to be flattered by that but unfortunately I am old enough to remember when Hanley played. Ive been supporting Wigan since 1987 (i was only 12 then) and as i've said he was a good player buy I always thought he was a bit too selfish. I don't remember been too sad when he left because we had Phil Clarke. For me the greatest player to pull on a Wigan shirt in all the time I've supported this wonderful club is Andrew Farrell. For me he has everything a player needs and more. Am not knocking hanley though and yes he will always be remembered as a legend
heydude

Post by heydude »

doug remember mate some of the people on this forum might not have seen these players play so when you talk about brett kenny and ellery hanley they cannot relate to them, it's what we called getting old (like "i remember in my day blah blah"), i know how this is mate because the greatest player i seen was gene miles, i was young once too. (boohoo)
don't eat yellow snow