Sam and the NRL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Sam and the NRL

Post by ddtftf »

Does anyone think Sam will struggle in the NRL after the way they worked him out in the world cup, I thought that the competition would be a great platform for him to stand out.
Its not sour grapes, I am a big fan of Sam, but he will be under enormous pressure to justify his fee and Locke has been outstanding last year for them.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Sam and the NRL

Post by Mike »

I'm not sure he's going to be able to break those defenses. He struggled in the world cup. Hope he does well though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote:Does anyone think Sam will struggle in the NRL after the way they worked him out in the world cup, I thought that the competition would be a great platform for him to stand out.
Its not sour grapes, I am a big fan of Sam, but he will be under enormous pressure to justify his fee and Locke has been outstanding last year for them.
Imo Sam will be great in the NRL.I dont agree that he has been worked out.Imo The English team play set up is not built to his style with having poor centres means he had to focus his game on defence instead of attack.Where Warriors will build around him giving him a free roll.Plus I do not know if it is possible to work a player of Sams class out.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Sam will go very well. It is obviously a much tougher competition but to judge him on England is a tad unfair where he actually played well having the second highest try assists at the end of the group stages IIRC. His game will change, you will see more of the passes he put on far better than the Locke attempt and more support / few steps rather than the sweeping 2nd man stuff.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

ddtftf wrote:Does anyone think Sam will struggle in the NRL after the way they worked him out in the world cup, I thought that the competition would be a great platform for him to stand out.
Did they really work him out?

Up until the semi final only Kieran Foran had provided more try assists than Sam did. That's simply down to the fact that he stretches defences and then finds the pass that counts. He didn't score in the WC, but that doesn't mean that he was ineffective
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sam won't be the superstar he has been over here imo, reckon he'll be back in the uk and playing for Saracens in 2015
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I think they will make him dizzy with the up and unders.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

They say class is permanent and Sam has that.

He may not be an instant hit, but I'm sure over his time in the NRL he will become one of the greats of the modern era.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

How come this hasn't been moved to General Rugby section yet?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke wrote:How come this hasn't been moved to General Rugby section yet?
:lol: