Andy Powell finished at Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
chris1234

Andy Powell finished at Wigan

Post by chris1234 »

I have just been told by a 100% reliable source that Andy Powell has been finished by Wigan, discipline issues? Not upto league? I don't know yet, but my source has always been correct in the past.
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
cpwigan

Re: Andy Powell finished at Wigan

Post by cpwigan »

Watch this space I guess
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Should really be in the "Rumour Mill" until confirmed. But I guess he simply found it too tough at his stage in his career and probably another Union club offered him terms and he asked for a release. No real drama
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think he came across expecting to walk into the Welsh RL squad for the world cup by being on our books and then he could say he was a dual code international. However as he didnt and there is no way he will make the next world cup i think he has binned off the idea of league
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

A lesson should be learned here a 33 year old RU player is just too old to adapt
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Injury kept him out of the WC supposedly.

It could be injury forcing him to retire.

That said I have wondered if the only reason he was signed was so he could play for Wales and so with the WC in the past then that reason for him to be here has gone.

I certainly could not think of any other reason to sign him.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Should have been called Sandy Powell, "can you hear me mother" :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cherry.pie wrote:I think they were hoping that Powell would play for Wales in the world cup and generate a little more interest among the Welsh public.

Had Powell made the switch at a younger age I reckon he'd have been a quality league player. He's got the right attributes but it always looked like he was just too old to adapt.

I do wish more of our forwards could offload like he does!
They can all offload Cherry but they also understand the risk. Powell tended to offload when he was being lifted and sent backwards.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did Cherry but it is no big thing.

Unless your Gareth Hock who will offload come what may most players become more conservative in their offload skills as they progress / mature. Greg Burke as a junior would offload passes between his legs, he would offload from all angles; Joel Tomkins when he first came into the 1st team would offload fantastically and far more often than he did after that season. Dennis McHugh who has forgotten more about RL than we all know stated here that as a junior Ian Gildart would / could offload at will. In the pro game he never offloaded or if he did I never saw it.

Some clubs do not have an offload philosophy. Melbourne cut offloads down to the bare minimum, Madge did; AUS did in the RLWC. Other clubs play 2nd phase RL from offloads. Wire are a classic example but it has a high error rate / vulnerability hence no GF wins! Even SBW ended up with egg on his face in the RLWC Final trying too hard to offload.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:I did Cherry but it is no big thing.

Unless your Gareth Hock who will offload come what may most players become more conservative in their offload skills as they progress / mature. Greg Burke as a junior would offload passes between his legs, he would offload from all angles; Joel Tomkins when he first came into the 1st team would offload fantastically and far more often than he did after that season. Dennis McHugh who has forgotten more about RL than we all know stated here that as a junior Ian Gildart would / could offload at will. In the pro game he never offloaded or if he did I never saw it.

Some clubs do not have an offload philosophy. Melbourne cut offloads down to the bare minimum, Madge did; AUS did in the RLWC. Other clubs play 2nd phase RL from offloads. Wire are a classic example but it has a high error rate / vulnerability hence no GF wins! Even SBW ended up with egg on his face in the RLWC Final trying too hard to offload.
As slater did to the aussies cost in 08
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure