Cayless

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Cayless

Post by mrs_carney »

according to league express we are showing interest in jason cayless, hes a prop, 26 and interested in coming to super league, there are about 4 other clubs showing interest, salford, perpignan, saints, wigan and hull i think it was
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Re: Cayless

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

He is the right age, but if all those clubs are in for him, it will cost. £££
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

doubt it, if he wants to come over he'll go somehwere with a good reputation
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

mrs_carney posted:
doubt it, if he wants to come over he'll go somehwere with a good reputation
He will go to the highest bidder in my opinion.

Time will tell though.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

True, but we're more likely to get a Kiwi than an Aussie, at least anyone of international standard, simply because the Aussies won't pick anyone who plays over here.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Saw this on RLFANS yesterday...

Continuing with my almost studious fetish for signing potential stars from Australia and not big names, I have been trawling the net for possible and realistic signings as a stop gap for our injury crisis and Farrell departure. I actually watched all these first hand and was impressed and what offer much better value for money than past it former Test/Origin stars.

Here goes:

Ned Catic (Prop, 27 - Roosters). Saw him about 10 times for Roosters last year, fantastically underrated prop - played 23 games last season. Huge guy with plenty of go forward and is an 80 minute player. Not getting in to Roosters side so far this season - only Cayless, Morley and Tupou keeping him out which is no mean feat). Similar to Fairleigh at Saints. Would be a cracking signing and we should try and get him now and for next season.

Jason Cayless (Prop, 26 - Roosters) Great prop and indicated he would be happy to come to Super League next year. Defo should be a target.

Ryan O'Hara (Prop, 24 - Raiders) Dont know if he is out of contract for next season, if so , defo go for him. Played Origin in 2003.

Anthony Laffranchi (Back Row, 24 - Tigers) Offers something different in back row and can make a big impact with his sizeable frame from the bench. Another great performer last year.

Pat Richards (Centre/Wing, 23) A bit of size and pace in the three quarters, we have been lacking. Would be as good as Vaealiki if not potentially better. However, only recently recovered from injury.

Personally, for the rest of this season I would try and get my hands on Ned Catic. It seems possible at the moment
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

reckon we could get them all? i mean faz has freed a lot of space up and we'd have plenty of good strong competition for the first team :D
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

like to see laffrinchi as we need another forward. Were doing ok for three quaters.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Jason Cayless is actually a Kiwi, played for them in the tri-nations, therefore we would be laffin ... he'd be a good signin, been an admirer of his no nonsense go forward style, plus he got a bit of size that would tire out defenders tackling him - which we really havent got. Catic sounds like would be a good buy, esp if he wants away as no 1st team action, poss loan spell me thinks?? All the ones mentioned are the right age & experienced so hopefully mo lindsey readin is this!!!!
Sing your hearts out for the Lads!!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

I would love to see Villa the gorilla at wigan.

Richard Villasanti from the NZ Warriors is the kinda prop we want.

I have a feeling mo will move for Shane Webke though Personally.