Cayless

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Cayless

Post by mrs_carney »

I'd prefer someone younger than webke, but mo does like his big named guys
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Ned Catic (Prop, 27 - Roosters)
In my personal opinion he's played his best years. I think he'd probably have a few good games but there are much better buys.
Ryan O'Hara (Prop, 24 - Raiders)
A good prop. Very similar to Davico without the injuries. Would likely be a good buy but again there's players i would put ahead of him. Usually very hard working though.
Anthony Laffranchi (Back Row, 24 - Tigers)
Had a good year last year but i think he'll be one of those players that has a good game every now and then but is very quiet most the time.
Pat Richards (Centre/Wing, 23)
An ex Parra player with a lot of pace. He injured his ankle quite badly resulting in many months in a brace and on crutches while he was with Parra and when he finally made it back he reinjured it. Which is why we let him go. In his first season with Tigers he ended up with the same injury again. Since coming back from that injury he has bulked up and gotten his pace back and has become someone to really look out for. Only problem would be the worry of the injury reccuring. HE would work well with Vaealiki though as they've played together before.
Jason Cayless (Prop, 26 - Roosters)
Another ex Eel and one who every Parra player would love back. He left us due to problems with our coaching staff. Occasionally has a bit of a problem with discipline but that could be easily fixed i think. He's very strong and plays with a lot of agression. Has really bulked up (the guy is huge! :lol: ). I don't think he's a player who would sign just for the money. He's also very good mates with both Vaealiki and Seu Seu.

Just my little input for you.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Welski

Post by Welski »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
In my personal opinion he's played his best years. I think he'd probably have a few good games but there are much better buys.
A good prop. Very similar to Davico without the injuries. Would likely be a good buy but again there's players i would put ahead of him. Usually very hard working though.
Had a good year last year but i think he'll be one of those players that has a good game every now and then but is very quiet most the time.
An ex Parra player with a lot of pace. He injured his ankle quite badly resulting in many months in a brace and on crutches while he was with Parra and when he finally made it back he reinjured it. Which is why we let him go. In his first season with Tigers he ended up with the same injury again. Since coming back from that injury he has bulked up and gotten his pace back and has become someone to really look out for. Only problem would be the worry of the injury reccuring. HE would work well with Vaealiki though as they've played together before.
Another ex Eel and one who every Parra player would love back. He left us due to problems with our coaching staff. Occasionally has a bit of a problem with discipline but that could be easily fixed i think. He's very strong and plays with a lot of agression. Has really bulked up (the guy is huge! :lol: ). I don't think he's a player who would sign just for the money. He's also very good mates with both Vaealiki and Seu Seu.

...and as always most welcome. Thanks!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Welski posted:
Vaealikis Girl posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

...and as always most welcome. Thanks!
Hear hear - it's really interesting to have your info/gossip, etc!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
I would love to see Villa the gorilla at wigan.

Richard Villasanti from the NZ Warriors is the kinda prop we want.

I have a feeling mo will move for Shane Webke though Personally.
If we get Webke that would be a great addition he is the best forward in the game at present. It would be a dilema now in that it appears that the Bulldogs are not certain in keeping SBW and Morley is out of contract next season. If we get 2 out of those 3 well be a great side again. We now need quality and not quantity of players sigining as the we have now depth in a number of postions apart from props and secon row.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

thegimble posted:
are not certain in keeping SBW and Morley is out of contract next season.
In an interview with Morley not too long ago he said he was very keen to continue in the NRL. I guess that would depend on whether he gets a contract and how good the offer is i guess but that's the last i heard.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

SBW or Cayless would both be miles better than Morley. Given the competition for their signatures, though, and our recent track record, I could not see any of them coming to the JJB.

'liki's Girl should be a club scout, by the way.
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

FORGET SBW, THERE IS NO CHANCE OF HIM COMMING TO THE JJB.

THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL FIND HIM AT THE JJB IS PLAYING FOR THE KIWIS IN THE TRI NATIONS.

Rant over.

Seriously though, questions have got to be asked about our recent ability to recruit top class players.

The last major signings we had were lammy, smithy and renouf.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
FORGET SBW, THERE IS NO CHANCE OF HIM COMMING TO THE JJB.

THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL FIND HIM AT THE JJB IS PLAYING FOR THE KIWIS IN THE TRI NATIONS.

Rant over.

Seriously though, questions have got to be asked about our recent ability to recruit top class players.

The last major signings we had were lammy, smithy and renouf.
Don't you mean Renouffy? :)