New Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

Re: New Signings

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

GeoffN posted:
mrs_carney posted:
What about when brian and brett go? Mo doesnt seem to show much faith in the youngsters we have by bringing in old aussies
Yeah, true - I'm more worried about the rest of this season though - not looking at next year's signings yet!
I'd be quite happy with Colborn for one of the wing spots, though.
Thats just what the robbie Kearns deal will be.

He is a test standard prop playing at the top of his game in the NRL week in week out and is just what we need for this season.

I was quite made up today when i found out we are in the running to bring him to wigan for the rest of this season.

Its a similar signing to that of pongia.

Lets just hope lindsay manages to secure his services.

The sooner the better.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
GeoffN posted:
Yeah, true - I'm more worried about the rest of this season though - not looking at next year's signings yet!
I'd be quite happy with Colborn for one of the wing spots, though.
Thats just what the robbie Kearns deal will be.

He is a test standard prop playing at the top of his game in the NRL week in week out and is just what we need for this season.

I was quite made up today when i found out we are in the running to bring him to wigan for the rest of this season.

Its a similar signing to that of pongia.

Lets just hope lindsay manages to secure his services.

The sooner the better.
Agreed. I didn't reply to yours 'cos all I would have said would have been "agreed"

Which I did.
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Yeh i know that Geoff, it was a further substanciation of my support for wigan in their bid to sign this player.

Hope it comes off.

heydude

Post by heydude »

hope it does but he is playing fanstatic for melbourne at the moment so it's hard to see them let him go.
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Don't think he's in the running for a test place any more...he wasn't in last years origin squad as far as I can remember.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
No he wasn't...can't remember why not. I'm assuming he's NSW... they brought Freddie Back and had Trent Barret at 7... but he's only young I think that's what went against him. None the less, he's a class stand-off. Would be great at Wigan.
Yeah I meant it as a positive - we're more likely to get him if he's not a test hopeful.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
GeoffN posted:
Yeah I meant it as a positive - we're more likely to get him if he's not a test hopeful.
See what you mean Geoff.... he is one I rate highly. I did a post earlier this week about the Tigers/Dogs game... he was quiet most of the match then in the last 10 came out and scored two and set up another with a peach of a pass... I know it sounds odd for me to say he was quiet but he's still fantastic...it was more the way the match went. When he stepped up, he was a marvel.
Yes, I saw most of that game, he seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time - usually means a good reader of the game, bit like Shaun.
heydude

Post by heydude »

i think ansta as had trouble in the aussie league since alot of people over there was saying he would be the next brad fittler i think this comment has been stuck his mind for a few seasons and put pressure on him to perform so maybe a new start at wigan could do this lad some good.
don't eat yellow snow
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

We dont need another loose forward or stand off.

WE need a prop or 2nd row forward.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
We dont need another loose forward or stand off.

WE need a prop or 2nd row forward.
So who do you see as our first-choice loose forward now? As I've said, I'd quite like to see Wild given a go.