New Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

New Signings

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think almost everyone agrees we really need some big lads to help take the burden off our marvellous but young and light forwards, in the light of Davico, Faz, O'Loughlin and Hock having gone for the year. I have been tearing my hair out as to why a team like London can seem to pick up a host of big lads who can play ok, and we cannot, with our supposed wealth.

Looking through the Wigan evening Post recently, I read a comment that Faz will become a union player with effect from the start of June - if this is right, could it be the case that we cannot remove him from the salary cap until then, and so could not sign anyone before then, plus it seems like a rubbish deal by Mo and co, if we are required to continue paying him until he has recovered from injury...

I remain frustrated and confused...
Fraggle

Re: New Signings

Post by Fraggle »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
I think almost everyone agrees we really need some big lads to help take the burden off our marvellous but young and light forwards, in the light of Davico, Faz, O'Loughlin and Hock having gone for the year. I have been tearing my hair out as to why a team like London can seem to pick up a host of big lads who can play ok, and we cannot, with our supposed wealth.

Looking through the Wigan evening Post recently, I read a comment that Faz will become a union player with effect from the start of June - if this is right, could it be the case that we cannot remove him from the salary cap until then, and so could not sign anyone before then, plus it seems like a rubbish deal by Mo and co, if we are required to continue paying him until he has recovered from injury...

I remain frustrated and confused...
He was due to be fit sometime in May, so in theory could be picked to play for us. Whether he will or not remains to be seen, the club may be worried about any reaction he gets from fans, his new sport may not want to risk him getting injured again or he may decide to be injured a bit longer, but whilst he could theoretically play again I guess Wigan are still bound to pay his wages and keep him on the salary cap. Quite what the significance of the start of June data is, I'm not sure, but it's probably not doing us too many favours in terms of clearing space for getting a replacement.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i would like to see him play for us again, the giants game would be nice as i,m flying over for it :D
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

It also annoys me that Widnes have just signed (bought) a young saints forward and a warrington scrum half on loan! Why cant Wigan find these superleague hopefuls!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

proud_pie_eater posted:
It also annoys me that Widnes have just signed (bought) a young saints forward and a warrington scrum half on loan! Why cant Wigan find these superleague hopefuls!
I think we have a squad full of superleague hopefulls.

What we could do with now is two experienced forwards who will add quality, depth and more importantly of all valuble leadership to the young lads we have in our squad now.

Having seen ruben wikis stats recently im gutted were were not able to complete his signature last year.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Some talk of half back (e.g Anasta from Caturbury)
How about this just seen on BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 399677.stm
Sing your hearts out for the Lads!!!!
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Dont really need him, we are ok there for the moment, its quality props and bulky forwards we need!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Wardy posted:
Some talk of half back (e.g Anasta from Caturbury)
How about this just seen on BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 399677.stm
Anasta is going to the bunny's
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Orford is far too young for us to sign, give him another 6 years and we'll have him.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

ye thats right robjoenz 6 years time when hes a retired aussie international and injury prone then hes perfenct for us :D
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!