Moran to captain Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nextdoor

Moran to captain Warriors

Post by nextdoor »

Radlinski maybe a good captain,but since the departure of A.F. he has failed to inspire a team with his leadership from the rear.Its time for Moran to take control ,he may not be Wigan but he has the class and skill to organise the team.During a time of so many injuries he has the guile to lead the young bloods,come on Dennis make him the choice.
hayley 04

Re: Moran to captain Warriors

Post by hayley 04 »

I would love Danny Orr to captain the side as I think he'll do a wonderful job inspiring and pushing the boys on when they need it and it could only help his confidence but Denis Betts has deicided on Kris so lets get behind him and show him the support he deserves!
hayley 04

Re: Moran to captain Warri...

Post by hayley 04 »

Actually Doug my mum agrees 110% with you about Terry Newton. She said the same thing as you at the end of the SH game last week! Maybe your both right about it being the making of Terry but i'm sticking with our Danny Orr!
heydude

Post by heydude »

Doug Stand posted:
Nahh wouldn't be a fan of Moran taking over. Although from people have said, at the game against Widnes he was doing all the talking behind the sticks.
I just think maybe Moran has to prove himself at Wigan before I would consider him.

The captancy question has come up a couple of times and I always gone on record as saying Radlinksi is captain by default as there is no-one else. Problem is whilst you can see everything at full back and were it's going wrong you are not involved in the play all the time to dicate the game. I'm thinking now and I know many will disagree, but my choice would be Newton. He;s involved all the time, has the experience and is a great player. The added responsibilty may be just what he needs to stop the cheap pens he gives away....
agree with you doug when i thought about it does seem a good choice and with the extra responsibilities it should keep him focus on the game instead of head hunting.
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
heydude posted:
agree with you doug when i thought about it does seem a good choice and with the extra responsibilities it should keep him focus on the game instead of head hunting.
Cheers Dude, as well there was an interseting point during the Saints game...now I know this was fairly obvious but when we were 18-20 down and we got the pen it was Netweon who signalled take the two. Now it wouldn't take Einstien to figure it out to go for the 2 there... but he's obviusly showing the signs of leadership....
You mean the one at the end of the first half, when there were 2 seconds left on the clock? The entire crowd was screaming "two!"
I'm coming round to the idea of Newton, though - I kinda dismissed the idea earlier in the season, mainly, as you say, because of his discipline. just coyuld work though.
Neither Orr nor Moran have been here long enough yet, and the only other option I see is out injured for the season, although he's still the natural long-term successor.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:

Didn't see him say 2 at that point Geoff, this was definatley in the second half. Obviusly had to watch the game on sky and the camara clearly went to Newton as he had two fingers in the air...or was that another ocasion.
You've me doubting myself now Geoff...
Newton had 2 fingers up quite a lot during that game...notably indicating to Longy that it was his 2nd knock-on! I think that's what he meant...?
heydude

Post by heydude »

Doug Stand posted:
GeoffN posted:
You mean the one at the end of the first half, when there were 2 seconds left on the clock? The entire crowd was screaming two!
Didn't see him say 2 at that point Geoff, this was definatley in the second half. Obviusly had to watch the game on sky and the camara clearly went to Newton as he had two fingers in the air...or was that another ocasion.
You've me doubting myself now Geoff...
doug could this be the two fingers he held up to sean long to congratulate him on his second knock on.(me think)
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

What a shame, I'll have to watch the video again! the sacrifices we have to make sometimes.
warrior till i die

Re: Moran to captain Warriors

Post by warrior till i die »

nextdoor posted:
Radlinski maybe a good captain,but since the departure of A.F. he has failed to inspire a team with his leadership from the rear.Its time for Moran to take control ,he may not be Wigan but he has the class and skill to organise the team.During a time of so many injuries he has the guile to lead the young bloods,come on Dennis make him the choice.
Whats Rads done wrong? He has been inspirational in the last four weeks. I wouldnt have moran as captain even though he is a great player hes only just joined. If we were going to replace rads as captain i would like to see newton in charge.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
heydude

Post by heydude »

Doug Stand posted:
Well it was the 1am showing that I watched I was pretty tired so I could be wrong..but I was sure it was at the penalty incident in the second half. Now if Newton held two fingers up at Sean Long then we have to try and remember which way they were facing :D
the palm of the hand was facing long i know because when i saw it i wish it was the other way round. :)
don't eat yellow snow