Nicholas Anelka

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kittwazzer

Nicholas Anelka

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyone know how many religious groups I might possibly have offended when I scratched my arse 5 minutes ago?

This really is a world gone mad!
Fujiman

Re: Nicholas Anelka

Post by Fujiman »

Kittwazzer wrote:Anyone know how many religious groups I might possibly have offended when I scratched my arse 5 minutes ago?

just depends on how big it is
:lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Anyone know how many religious groups I might possibly have offended when I scratched my arse 5 minutes ago?

What is your cryptic post about, your a**e or Anelka???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

It sets a dangerous precedent. Does being a club sponsor entitly you to a say in team selection?

There have been a number of high profile incidents recently, John Terry and Luis Suarez being the most high profile. I don't remember Standard Chartered and Samsung getting involved and telling the clubs to drop the players. They were charged, fined and banned by the FA. Where would you draw the line though? Could Houses for Homes tell Ian Lenegan to drop Josh Charnley because he was on the Foxy Bingo boat with Frankie Cocozza last night and they don't condone his haircut?

Anelka i'm farily confident is not an Anti-Semite, he's just a complete idiot. It would be like a Celtic player telling an innapropriate joke in a post match interview to support Frankie Boyle. Utter stupidity. The FA are dealing with it and he will in all likelyhood be banned for it.

As for Zoopla, i'm fairly sure West Brom will be fine finding a sponsor for next season, I dare say they've probably had 20+ phone calls already from companies interested.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Blame the media for making a meal of it like they do with everything.

A certain player of Liverpool now only has to do the slightest thing like going down in the penalty area and they are straight in at him about diving, penalty or otherwise.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Blame the media for making a meal of it like they do with everything.

A certain player of Liverpool now only has to do the slightest thing like going down in the penalty area and they are straight in at him about diving, penalty or otherwise.
I thought that at first because Id never heard of the "Quenelle gesture". However after researching his "friend" you get a better picture of the outrage this has caused.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thanks Fuji, just looked it up & seen what the OP is refferring to but why Kitt can't just put the details as well the cryptic message is beyond me :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

AndyNick wrote:It sets a dangerous precedent. Does being a club sponsor entitly you to a say in team selection?

There have been a number of high profile incidents recently, John Terry and Luis Suarez being the most high profile. I don't remember Standard Chartered and Samsung getting involved and telling the clubs to drop the players. They were charged, fined and banned by the FA. Where would you draw the line though? Could Houses for Homes tell Ian Lenegan to drop Josh Charnley because he was on the Foxy Bingo boat with Frankie Cocozza last night and they don't condone his haircut?

Anelka i'm farily confident is not an Anti-Semite, he's just a complete idiot. It would be like a Celtic player telling an innapropriate joke in a post match interview to support Frankie Boyle. Utter stupidity. The FA are dealing with it and he will in all likelyhood be banned for it.

As for Zoopla, i'm fairly sure West Brom will be fine finding a sponsor for next season, I dare say they've probably had 20+ phone calls already from companies interested.
Zoopla didn't tell them what to do; they just indicated their intention to withdraw their sponsorship if WBA didn't take some action in respect of what Anelka did.

They will have put a substantial amount of money into what was likely some sort of partnership deal and they don't want to be associated with what happened. In their capacity as a partner, they made public wanted to see some sort of action taken against Anelka which insulates their name from the controversy, and makes them look responsible. The fact is WBA chose not to do that, and Zoopla pulled the plug; which is their prerogative.

Personally, I had never heard of or seen this gesture before, so it meant nothing to me until the media put it out there. Looking at its supposed meaning now though, I can see why it may offend some people.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I think the reason the sponsors have taken this so seriously is because the founders are Jews.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Thanks Fuji, just looked it up & seen what the OP is refferring to but why Kitt can't just put the details as well the cryptic message is beyond me :conf:
Josie, it was deliberate on my part. You and imagine many others had no idea what I was posting about. Its my belief that 99% of the public would never have been aware that Anelka had made an offensive gesture were it not all over the news. He touched his right arm with his left hand. Now, everyone knows what it means and it will no doubt become commonplace!