Jordan James

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Jordan James

Post by doc »

I thought that out of all the players we signed under Millward that JJ was the best and the one with the potential to develop in to a better player with the right coaching. He always gave 100% and scored some important tries for us.

People forget that he came into the game somewhat later than other players having served in the Marines. He was still somewhat of a novice when he first played for us and has improved as a player since those days to the extent that he was one of Wales best performers in the World Cup. I can't see hime being a regular but when he does come in to the team he will put in a good shift.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Right OR wrong? I think Wigan are rightly cautious with young players. I know they advised young eligible players not to take part in the RLWC and yes it smacks of Nobles duty of care (maybe he was closer to being correct, than we thought (still think he was a tad OTT with it)). Wane is very vocal in the press blaming Bradford for Bateman oicking up so many injuries and repeatedly states no matter how good he plays he will not play every week/every game at Wigan this season.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

J.James being in the 17 for 3 or 4 games has to better for James Greenwood sitting around waiting for 3 or 4 spots in the 17, INSTEAD being in the London 17 a dozen or more games.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Right OR wrong? I think Wigan are rightly cautious with young players. I know they advised young eligible players not to take part in the RLWC and yes it smacks of Nobles duty of care (maybe he was closer to being correct, than we thought (still think he was a tad OTT with it)). Wane is very vocal in the press blaming Bradford for Bateman oicking up so many injuries and repeatedly states no matter how good he plays he will not play every week/every game at Wigan this season.
According to Shaun Lunt, Nathan Brown is the direct opposite and flogs his players to death. Wouldn't surprise me if St Helens have the same injury problems again this year!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think in days gone by if you were good enough you were old enough was largely true bar the facial reconstruction to your nose, teeth, jaw that was obligatory and almost a badge of honour.

Today, the game is far cleaner BUT the players overall are bigger (bar props) and certainly much stronger when combined with the 10 yard rule results in bigger collisions and greater impact with the added bonus of umpteen wrestling moves to apply pressure to a variety of joints which despite far better treatment of medical injuries still threaten to curtail a career much sooner.

Today, players need IMO to be gradually introduced as they physically mature / strengthen. The exceptions are wingers and to some extent full backs.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:J.James being in the 17 for 3 or 4 games has to better for James Greenwood sitting around waiting for 3 or 4 spots in the 17, INSTEAD being in the London 17 a dozen or more games.
Exactly, plus it still leaves Wigan with cap space should a player they really fancy becomes available, at the right price of course. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go back for Larne Patrick at some stage during the season.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:J.James being in the 17 for 3 or 4 games has to better for James Greenwood sitting around waiting for 3 or 4 spots in the 17, INSTEAD being in the London 17 a dozen or more games.
Exactly, plus it still leaves Wigan with cap space should a player they really fancy becomes available, at the right price of course. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go back for Larne Patrick at some stage during the season.
I'd like to see us sign Alex Walmsley just to watch the reaction of them buggers on RedVee! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Kittwazzer wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
I'd like to see us sign Alex Walmsley just to watch the reaction of them buggers on RedVee! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan were told about him whilst he was at Batley but decided not to bother!!!
Alreetas

Post by Alreetas »

as far as I'm concerned, the re signing of J James, is a good move, even if it is for a handful of the Lesser games, to use once we get the playoffs secure to ensure the team are rested.
Personally I wouldnt play him in high stake games as I feel he is past it, however the meaningless games I dont see why not.
To understand the man you must first understand his demons
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:
To start pulling a plsyer "apart" just because he was unfortunate to have been at the club at one of its lowest points in history is not really fair, especially when excuses for Richards, Hansen et all are given when they too played there part in such an ignominious time
No one is pulling him apart. They are merely expressing an opinion as to his ability as a player.

Your references to 2006 and the form of far better players is misplaced IMO because as the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. Richards and Hansen are class players. James isn't.