Jordan James

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Jordan James

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I think its fair to say the environment James finds himself in now compared to what he walked into under Milward are poles apart.

Stop gap or not Jordan James will be under no illusion of what is required under wane and if he doesn't meet those requirements he will be back in the coaching ranks very quickly indeed.

Its ironic With a bit of common sense, the right position or at the very least shown how you are expected to play in your intended position and a heap of professionalism does wonders ask Pat Richards who was a bag of do do under Milward

This line of thought that seems to have developed in this thread that James was poor because of Millward is a straw man argument. It is based on the false premise that he was in fact a very good player ignoring one very basic fact. He just isn't very good!

Drawing a parallel Pat Richards is crazy. He proved under various Wigan coaches he was a class act. James has proved under various coaches he is at best average to poor.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I think its fair to say the environment James finds himself in now compared to what he walked into under Milward are poles apart.

Stop gap or not Jordan James will be under no illusion of what is required under wane and if he doesn't meet those requirements he will be back in the coaching ranks very quickly indeed.

Its ironic With a bit of common sense, the right position or at the very least shown how you are expected to play in your intended position and a heap of professionalism does wonders ask Pat Richards who was a bag of do do under Milward

This line of thought that seems to have developed in this thread that James was poor because of Millward is a straw man argument. It is based on the false premise that he was in fact a very good player ignoring one very basic fact. He just isn't very good!

Drawing a parallel Pat Richards is crazy. He proved under various Wigan coaches he was a class act. James has proved under various coaches he is at best average to poor.

Not strictly true Dave. As James has stated in a couple of interviews. The player who came here was much lighter and very raw, only 2 years from the Forces. He is now 7 years older / wiser.

I do not understand the fuss Dave? If Wane felt Wigan were desperate for front rowers he would not have let Greenwood go to London IMO. James is IMO an emergency last case resort and as such he will do ok IMO.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not criticising him but I got a DVD for Xmas 'Great Sl games' and a game v Cas was on it primarily showing the young Sam Tomkins in 2009 BUT in the same game Pat was beaten / out jumped by Dixon , the Cas winger 3 times. Remember, this was 2009. Amos was a pale shadow of the player he became the season after too.

I think nearly every player at Wigan improves since the Madge revolution. Wane seems to be maintaining that ethos and I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt / support at this time (never envisaged saying that at one time)