Game off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Game off

Post by josie andrews »

Paul Prescotts testimonial game is off due to waterlogged pitch
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kaii

Re: Game off

Post by Kaii »

They are saying on this coach it's postponed until Tuesday night
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hopefully nobody loses out money wise/inconvenience etc.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

I'm £16 down that's it, people on the coach are nice and friendly plus met up with Josie so it's been ok. The good thing is I made the effort to support the club which in itself is reward enough
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Tough luck for everyone. I hope no one was too inconvenienced. Am guessing Tuesday night's crowd will be well down, which would be such a shame for Paul. I should probably know this, but why is his testimonial there? I didn't think he was from up there.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I know that no one can control the weather but feel slightly annoyed with Workington !! We actually phoned them before we set off this morning and was told they were working on the ground,the weather forecast was looking a lot better for this afternoon and the game was deffinatly on.!! We drove about 100 miles then found out they had called the game of !!
markill

Post by markill »

I was staying in Keswick this weekend. Weather was horrible all weekend to be honest and I'm not surprised it was called off. Kept checking Twitter and Wigan tweeted game was definitely on at around 12, so we set off to Workington.

Got there at 12:40ish and ground attendant said it had just been called off. The car park had enough water in it to see that the pitch would be worse.

On the plus side we decided to go to Aira Force instead and it was a great flow. Water was flying through.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
willie c

Post by willie c »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Tough luck for everyone. I hope no one was too inconvenienced. Am guessing Tuesday night's crowd will be well down, which would be such a shame for Paul. I should probably know this, but why is his testimonial there? I didn't think he was from up there.
I'm not to sure but think it's got something to do with Dave whelan not letting them use the DW
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Bilko is now saying it's not getting rearranged and refunds to be announced
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A few ideas. Preccy wanted a game v a traditional RL area; Wigan see it as good business further developing their links with Cumbria which they have tried to develop in recent years; if the weather had been good, a nice pleasant journey part of the world; of course the inability to use the DW which interestingly looks in far worse condition when JUST the Latics are playing there than it does when Wigan RLFC play on it too (at a far etter time for grass growth / regeneration).

Two game in Yorkshire (Cas & Wakey IIRC) were also both called off due to rain / waterlogged pitches etc.