We'll be even less popular with Eddie and Stevo

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

We'll be even less popular with Eddie and Stevo

Post by jobo »

IL has blasted the RFL for agreeing the new Sky deal. Says it makes no commercial sence to tie into a further 5 years when there's still 3 years left on the current deal. I for what it's worth, agree with him 100%
Kittwazzer

Re: We'll be even less popular with Eddie and Stevo

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote:IL has blasted the RFL for agreeing the new Sky deal. Says it makes no commercial sence to tie into a further 5 years when there's still 3 years left on the current deal. I for what it's worth, agree with him 100%
Agree, but I wouldn't want BT Sport to win. My local only has Sky!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
jobo wrote:IL has blasted the RFL for agreeing the new Sky deal. Says it makes no commercial sence to tie into a further 5 years when there's still 3 years left on the current deal. I for what it's worth, agree with him 100%
You're safe for another 8 years then. :roll:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
You're safe for another 8 years then. :roll:
By which time pubs will be just a fond and distant memory!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be honest i think IL is way out of line, Sky for all the faults of the broadcasting team of eddie and stevo, sky themselves how ploughed a healthy amount of money into our game and do their bit IMO to promote us including roping in stars from other sports to advertise our game such as bradley wiggins in the past and mark webber this year.

I cant see anyone else giving us that much time, BT are much more interested in football and yawnion

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/26023136

You are totally missing the point WF

Il is earning HUGE respect from me. He is arguing that RL is undervalued and selling itself too cheaply and to make matters worse cannot react to favourable market conditions for X years (Too many)

It is akin to you selling your 200K house for 150k AND/OR taking 150K over several year installments irrespective of the fact your 200K house is predicted to become worth 250K or more in 5 years time.

RL is screwed because the democratic voting process means that you can throw the leftovers from a stale loaf of bread at 99% of the clubs and they will say thank you very much!!
Alreetas

Post by Alreetas »

I see his point, we were in no hurry to commit to this deal, we had 3 years left, I think we rushed it and if you rush into a deal with plenty of time on the table you de value your stock.
To understand the man you must first understand his demons
cpwigan

Re: One very unhappy chappie !

Post by cpwigan »

Kudos to IL. I am growing to like the new IL!
Kittwazzer

Re: One very unhappy chappie !

Post by Kittwazzer »

2 threads on this now!
doc

Post by doc »

I've still not seen any mention of how big the deal is anywhere. I suspect this is because Sky got the rights on the cheap. Anyone got any info?