DW Atmosphere v Huddersfield ... or lack of?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Aluaka

DW Atmosphere v Huddersfield ... or lack of?

Post by Aluaka »

What happened to the intention to get a noisy collection of Wigan supporters in the South end of the East stand? Didn't see any evidence of noise coming from there tonight!

Also, for a sold out East stand, vocal support was very infrequent tonight, at times very outdone by the small Huddersfield away following!

Thoughts?
Kittwazzer

Re: DW Atmosphere v Huddersfield ... or lack of?

Post by Kittwazzer »

Aluaka wrote:What happened to the intention to get a noisy collection of Wigan supporters in the South end of the East stand? Didn't see any evidence of noise coming from there tonight!

Also, for a sold out East stand, vocal support was very infrequent tonight, at times very outdone by the small Huddersfield away following!

Thoughts?
They had more to shout about than we did?
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

Nothing like a spot of encouragement though eh?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Aluaka wrote:Nothing like a spot of encouragement though eh?

Thought our so called "new section" was very ineffective!

The south stand may have well as been empty!

Think the club are going to regret having this stand solely for the purpose of a family stand, atmosphere was zilch :(

If they want a "family stand" think the best option is to swap it round IMO :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

we make more noise when playing away than we did last night.I thought it was a pretty dire place to be.It seemed from the first try some of our supporters said to themselves we have already lost so I'll save my voice for when we are winning. :(
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

It was poor especially considering was the first game of e season and against one of the main contenders in the league.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I can only get to a few games here and there but I've thought this the last few I've been to. You could hear a pin drop at times barring a few rogue shouts

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Away supporters more often than not always make the most noise and it is no different when we play away as you tend to get together in the same area of their away stand.

Unlike Central Park where home supporters who wanted to shout and sing grouped in front of the Poplar Stand, but at the DW, home supporters are in different stands and area's, hence a poorer noise in comparison to away supporters.

Those who want to shout and sing should all be at the rear of the South Stand where seating is unreserved and like away supporters group at the rear of the North Stand.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

To be honest I have been to very few Wigan home games when you could say the supporters have really got loud and brought the ztadium down. Very few songs that seem to get everyone involved. Clubs like Leeds, stains, hull fc seem to have more passion in their terraces.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

YeH apart from the droning "Wigan, Wigan, Wigan" I heard no "songs"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure