Maurice - No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Maurice - No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Matthew »

The BBC website has an article that Anthony "the Man" Mundine is returning to RL after several years as a pro boxer - he states that he feels he has "unfinished business" with the sport (that will be a big pay day then)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 420191.stm

Considering that Maurice has a history of over the hill big name signings and that Mundine hasn't played in years - it looks like we can expect to see him play a game for us! Before departing, sighting re-location problems complete with a huge cheque!

:lol: :D :blush: :eh:

Actually that's not funny!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Re: Maurice - No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Post by GeoffN »

I had similar thoughts when I saw the article earlier - pity the Boxing day game doesn't happen any more!

He was a pretty good player in his day, as I remember, and we're short of over-the-hill Aussies with no recent RL experience at the moment.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Maurice - No!!!!!!!!!!...

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He was quite brilliant in his day, and must be ultra-fit (though too lean?). I would be fascinated to see him - it's just a shame what we need are big lads, not skilful whippets (of which we have an abundance).
Vaealikis Girl

Re: Maurice - No!!!!!!!!!!...

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
He was quite brilliant in his day, and must be ultra-fit. It's just a shame what we need are big lads, not skilful whippets (of which we have an abundance).
It's also a shame that his mouth totally makes you forget about any skill he has. If only he'd learn to shut up occasionally.

It was said that he'd either go to the Roosters or Parramatta, and he has a very good relationship with our coach who has coached him previously. Fortunately our manager has come out this morning and said that Mundine does not fit in our plans. I think there was a huge collective sigh of relief from the Parra fans.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!