Honesty & effort is just not enough

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
loyalbelfast

Honesty & effort is just not enough

Post by loyalbelfast »

Honesty & effort is just not enough We have loads of that but X -factor skill from the selected few is the magic ingredient to cook up wins like the World Club cup.

18 -0 down @ half -time & it should have been more

2nd half just starting so will come back with final comments

Come on WIGAN!!

A&L (just like Belfast)

RobWigan

Re: Honesty & effort is just not enough

Post by RobWigan »

Just showing what we already know that aussies are miles ahead of us
xbrettkennyx

Post by xbrettkennyx »

You can't blame the players for effort nor the coach. He can only work with what he is given.

If you look at the players that have exited the club over the last 3 years and the players that have replaced them you will find the reason for today.

IL needs to take a good hard look at his attitude to spending money.

The RFL need to realise that the Communist Cap is an abject failure.

GBH

Post by GBH »

We need a full back and a kicker to start with.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Not making excuses for this loss as we got beaten by a better footy team. What I will say is that this is a young side that can only get better with time. I am also not going to start the blame game. But what I will say is that we are in need of a full back in the style of Sam T and a goal kicker. Lockers you played out of your skin as always.Thank you.
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

Good good start to 2nd half - but alas it didn't last

Bowen had a total MARE of a game!

To many balls we lost in the hard hit tackles

Have a look if one recorded the game how may tackles we made around the aussie shoulders - totally meaningless
trying to stop a player at pace this way!

To tell you the truth every time the Aussies had sight of our try line one knew they would score, surely no one would disagree with that?

Honesty & effort loads of it but at this extreme level it will not put much scores on the doors

Domestic footie here we come, played one, lost one(@ home) & I watch with interest as the weeks roll bye

SO COME ON WIGAN!!!

A&L(just like Belfast)
Wiz

Post by Wiz »

Great second half but I agree, we need to make sure tries are 6 points not just 4 and what's with Bowen??? The only time he got off the floor he missed the ball???

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

loyalbelfast wrote:Honesty & effort is just not enough We have loads of that but X -factor skill from the selected few is the magic ingredient to cook up wins like the World Club cup.

18 -0 down @ half -time & it should have been more

2nd half just starting so will come back with final comments

Come on WIGAN!!

A&L (just like Belfast)

Sorry LB but X factor skills from a selected few does not mean you will win a WCC, what won it for Sydney was more metres, better kicking game, less mistakes and better all round players making a better team. Nothing Sydney did was X Factor just a good, solid team performance.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

This fixture needs to be moved to 2 or 3 weeks after the Grand Final so it can be played by the team that won that Grand Final and it needs to be played under international rules, it would have been a far better spectacle if the actual champion side had played instead of a young side that has lost so many of those players, we probably still would have lost but there wouldn't have been that much in it
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Right now we've got this out of the way, can we concentrate on what matters - winning things over here. I hope what looked suspiciously like a bit of an ego-trip won't derail our season. Even if we had won - it wouldn't have made any difference to the rest of the SL season.

I thought Farrell was immense (but please don't use him as a battering-ram as we did lat year- he's too skilful for that); Bateman looked pretty good; Burgess was excellent and most of the rest played well enough with the probable exception of Bowen, who looked as if he was struggling with fitting in with others. He seemed unsure what to do when he got the ball and everything slowed down. The real problem seemed to be that players were still trying to get to grips with the system. Players in the wrong place - dummy runners getting ball instead of it passing them by. The only time, things looked really slick was at the start of the second half. Quick hands, determined running and playing to and understanding a plan.

The only consolation is that Leeds, who I thought would be the most dangerous side this year, looked really pedestrian last night, Briscoe excepted and Warrington haven't replaced the players who have gone with equivalents. Hate to say it - but Saints look the team to beat this year.

Awaits shellacking from other forumites.

Thought the travelling fans really did us proud. They weer quite brilliant and I hope they enjoyed their time and get back safely.