Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Micky Mac

Post by josie andrews »

Micky has re signed & extended his contract until 2017 :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Micky Mac

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Micky has re signed & extended his contract until 2017 :)
Another rumour put to bed! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

McIlorum Signs new Warriors Deal

Wigan Warriors announce that England International Hooker Michael McIlorum has signed a new Four-Year Contract with the Club.

The talented 26 year old has agreed improved terms for Seasons 2014, 2015 and 2016 and has also now signed an extended deal which also includes the 2017 season.

McIlorum has made 166 appearances for the Club scoring 16 tries since making his First Team debut back in 2007 and has also been a regular in the England Elite Squad.

Speaking about the news, Head Coach Shaun Wane commented;

"I am delighted that Micky has signed this new deal with us. He already had a contract to see him through to November 2016 and this has now been extended for a further 12 months. His improved terms for the next three years are also just reward for his outstanding performances week in week out whilst wearing the famous Wigan shirt. He is an exceptional player and is one of the first names to go on our team sheet because of his whole-hearted commitment and high levels of performance.

"He has a great attitude both on and off the field and I have seen him develop through our own Wigan-System since joining the Club as a 16 year old and quite rightly he is now rated as one of the best hookers in the world."

Michael McIlorum added;

"I thoroughly enjoy playing for Wigan and the successes of the last few seasons have made me even hungrier to achieve more with the Club. I am pleased to have put pen to paper on an extended deal with Wigan and am really looking forward to the rest of the season ahead. I am confident we can build as a team on our achievements of 2013."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... rq5bVFK.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Not sure about that, one player allegedly hawking himself around he NRL gets a new contract, the other gets a public kick up the backside!
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Lazy J wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Not sure about that, one player allegedly hawking himself around he NRL gets a new contract, the other gets a public kick up the backside!
As soon as you used the word 'allegedly' your point becomes irrelevent, if you have proof then fair enough. I am delighted he has signed a new deal and also glad Charnley got a kick up the backside because I think he will respond positively to it.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nice big transfer fee for Mr Pollard come season end
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

I am pleased Micky has got a new deal, he is harder to replace than Josh, however, this is a discussion board, most discussions on here have some allegded comments/rumours. The worst kept secret in league was alledged for months before Sam confirmed he had for Auckland and discussed at great length, based on this.

Josh's agent was alledgedly hawking him around the NRL, he alledgedly tweets "get me out of here"(its his twitter account, it may not be him) the day after being given a public dressing down.

some very respected posters on other forums have commented on the josh situation, and as they say, no smoke without fire (alledgedly :D )
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J wrote:I am pleased Micky has got a new deal, he is harder to replace than Josh, however, this is a discussion board, most discussions on here have some allegded comments/rumours. The worst kept secret in league was alledged for months before Sam confirmed he had for Auckland and discussed at great length, based on this.
Exactly.
Josh's agent was alledgedly hawking him around the NRL, he alledgedly tweets "get me out of here"(its his twitter account, it may not be him) the day after being given a public dressing down.

some very respected posters on other forums have commented on the josh situation, and as they say, no smoke without fire (alledgedly :D )
Don't know about any of that but it's clear the club has decided it necessary to upgrade Micky Mac's deal and I am glad they have. I have always rated him. I know some think it is stuck record but IMO they should have done the same with Hansen.

Should they do the same with Josh? I don't really see why not as he is a talented player and if not, as with Hansen, you have to ask why not. He didn't do anything other than impress last season 95% of the time and his try scoring record is all you can ask for in a winger.
Garry Riley

Mickey Mac

Post by Garry Riley »

According to SkySports MM has signed a new 4 year contract keeping him at the club until the end of the 2017 season. Great news.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
Garry Riley

Re: Mickey Mac

Post by Garry Riley »

Sorry had seen the topic already exists.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service