tonights performance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: tonights performance

Post by robjoenz »

The replay showed Seuseu hit his shoulder and his forearm hit his head, although it was legal I think it's a bit unfair to say the bloke was faking it. I wouldn't like to have Jerrys arm in my head even if the power was damped out slightly by my shoulder.
heydude

Post by heydude »

robjoenz posted:
The replay showed Seuseu hit his shoulder and his forearm hit his head, although it was legal I think it's a bit unfair to say the bloke was faking it. I wouldn't like to have Jerrys arm in my head even if the power was damped out slightly by my shoulder.
look no offence to you but you are not a professional rugby league player and he is and i seen this guy take some hard tackles off bigger forwards than seuseu and he has kept running, my personally view of paul o reilly is that he is good full back especially when he is attacking but he can be a dirty player when he wants to be.
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
Thanks Rob - that's pretty much what it looked like to us at the time, didn't have a very good view of the screen from where we were.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
So was he carried off or did he carry on as if nothing had happened?

Dve

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan's performance tonight was poor despite who was not on the park for us.

John Sharpe has this to say:

"It's the sign of the times that we've beaten Wigan and are disappointed to have conceded late tries. It shows how far we have come."

I'd say its a sign of the times that Wigan let an average side like that score 24 unanswered points and shows how far we have slipped.

Dave
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

i agree as well i wathched it on sky seu seu never touched im e dived it it was obveous from every angle i dont think e should have been put on report
it wasnt even a high tackle :angry:
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

heydude posted:
look no offence to you but you are not a professional rugby league player and he is and i seen this guy take some hard tackles off bigger forwards than seuseu and he has kept running, my personally view of paul o reilly is that he is good full back especially when he is attacking but he can be a dirty player when he wants to be.
No offence taken mate but why did the crowd only start to boo Reilly when the replay was shown on the screen? ... because you could tell in real time that Jerry made contact with Reilly's head.

In reply to DaveO, how many times do players get a knock to the head have a few moments on the floor then get up? It happens all the time.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: I rushed back from holiday onfriday night to go straight to Huddersfield, wish I'd stayed at home ! Plenty of effort but no guile i'm afraid.

I agree with DaveO, what a sorry situation when Huddersfield are disappointed not to have scored more points against and to have conceded late tries, I was hoping that we had turned a corner, looks like we have.... into the knackers yard.

warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

GeoffN posted:
Haven't watched the video yet, but I thought the ladfs tried really hard, could'nt fault them for effort, but we were just too light in the forwards again - why wasn't newton playing - I thought he was fit?

Just one of those games where all the luck went their way, every bounce of the ball or 50/50 decision seemed to favour them, Dallas was really unlucky not to get that try, Melling definitely had his hand under the ball for one of theirs. We needed anothe rforward on the bench though.
Newton didnt play because he was taken ill on the way over. He was missed although Godwin ran his blood to water.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: I rushed back from holiday onfriday night to go straight to Huddersfield, wish I'd stayed at home ! Plenty of effort but no guile i'm afraid.

I agree with DaveO, what a sorry situation when Huddersfield are disappointed not to have scored more points against and to have conceded late tries, I was hoping that we had turned a corner, looks like we have.... into the knackers yard.
how much would it cost to send you back on holiday. we have a massive injury list and we are fielding a very young team that to be honest given a few years and a couple more large guys for the pack will be more than capable of taking this team back to where it belongs. have a bit of patience. we are in a transition period. no team has devine right.WE,LL BE BACK