Charnley or Micky Mc

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Charnley or Micky Mc

Post by ddtftf »

Who is most valuable to Wigan, if you were given the choice who would you choose to go.
ddtftf

Re: Charnley or Micky Mc

Post by ddtftf »

Both these players were tapped up by the Rabbitoes coach in Australia in their recent visit. This is not a rumour it is a fact
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can you provide proof? Thanks
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote:Can you provide proof? Thanks
I'm not sure these "prove it" type posts are particularly useful. What sort of proof can posters realistically provide?

When reading an internet board I think people are capable of forming opinions based on the knowledge that not all "facts" are in fact facts. You need to use your experience of the world and maybe some knowledge about the poster of the message to judge if you think the "fact" is reliable or not.

Threads that degenerate into an arguments about the sources of information are pretty boring and pointless IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I tend to accept what ddftf posts as being at the vey least 'well informed'. Besides, I had already read on other boards that each had had his terms met by an NRL Club. And im pretty sure ddftf doesn't obtain his info from those!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Micky Mac IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Waney loves MM.

I reckon if you asked SW to name his top 3 Wigan players, MM would make the list.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Waney loves MM.

I reckon if you asked SW to name his top 3 Wigan players, MM would make the list.
Rightly so

Mickey Mac is a great player, he takes his fitness very seriously and he gives 100% at all times. Both him and lockers are always the stand outs in terms of effort.

Even when we were well beaten against SS he was still putting himself about like we had a 2 point lead. He got noticed by the Aussie commentators for the level of intensity he brought and they aren't easily impressed.

Personally I think Charnely would do better in Union than he would in NRL. I think he lacks a bit of aggression that is needed for the NRL, he is a cracking player don't get me wrong but I think we would find him less damaging to replace than Mickey Mac
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Ask CP Josie tell him I said ok to confide with you, but I would ask that you stop questioning my posts every time, or I will stop posting, and that would be not fair to the rest of the supporters on here. Josh is a young guy who needs the club to guide him at this time in his career, its easily to have ex coaches promising the earth to impressionable young players.

If it was a rumour then I would have put it on that site
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:Both these players were tapped up by the Rabbitoes coach in Australia in their recent visit. This is not a rumour it is a fact
If being tapped up is what got the club to offer MM a new deal it needs to be a bit more proactive in my opinion.

If it gets to a stage where a player has a better deal on the table then the club is having to react to events rather than shaping them.

I don't know what either player was on last season but the club clearly has no problem with offering MM more cash.

It may feel Charnley on the other hand can be replaced but either way it gives the impression it has to be dragged into paying what players are worth.