Widnes vs Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Widnes vs Salford

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Noble won't last long, Salford just aren't fit enough and dropping like flies as a result

Mellor had a cracking game
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kaii

Re: Widnes vs Salford

Post by Kaii »

Widnes where excellent tonight
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Noble won't last long, Salford just aren't fit enough and dropping like flies as a result

Said exactly the same myself, both at the time we released him and every time I've seen him play since. Have him over either of our half backs. Still, its good to see Widnes getting back amongst the big boys, its been too long.

As for Salford, even allowing for absentees, they are no further on than last year. Glad I'm not the Koukash cat!:D
phild1

Post by phild1 »

Kaii wrote:Widnes where excellent tonight
=phild.made to look good by a poor Salford squad.had to switch sound off couldn't stand the verbal carp from the gantry :(
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Noble won't last long, Salford just aren't fit enough and dropping like flies as a result

Said exactly the same myself, both at the time we released him and every time I've seen him play since. Have him over either of our half backs. Still, its good to see Widnes getting back amongst the big boys, its been too long.

As for Salford, even allowing for absentees, they are no further on than last year. Glad I'm not the Koukash cat!:D
Early days yet, just like Widnes were when they got back into the Super League and also had to sign better players.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Hansen looks as if he's put about 2 stone on. Had a good game though but think Salfords lack of depth is going to be a big problem for them all season.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

A great game to watch. Like to see Widnes back to where they were back in the 70's :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

phild1 wrote:had to switch sound off couldn't stand the verbal carp from the gantry :(
Me too, can't enjoy a game on tv because of the regular gang of three :angry:

Hemmings, Stephenson & Clarke!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:
phild1 wrote:had to switch sound off couldn't stand the verbal carp from the gantry :(

Me too. I try to listen to the radio commentary via internet if I can.
Why oh why, do we need so many commentators on Super League matches? Including everybody who chips in, there must be at least 9 of the b....s. Talk about doing youre head in.
Must be unique to Super League.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

BriH wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Me too. I try to listen to the radio commentary via internet if I can.
Why oh why, do we need so many commentators on Super League matches? Including everybody who chips in, there must be at least 9 of the b....s. Talk about doing youre head in.
Must be unique to Super League.
Grooming them for the future?

Carney for example, was the main presenter for the World Cup Challenge game instead of Eddie.

As time goes on, I think you will see more of him and Wells.