Dom Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Dom Manfredi

Post by josie andrews »

Has joined Salford on a months loan! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Dom Manfredi

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan utility back Dominic Manfredi has today joined First Utility Super League side Salford Red Devils on a One-Month Loan deal.

Manfredi, who recently starred in Wigan's 46-24 win over Wakefield Trinity Wildcats at the DW Stadium, has impressed many people and is sure to have a bright future at the Warriors.

Speaking about the Loan deal, Warriors Rugby Manager Kris Radlinski said;

"This is a great opportunity for Dom to gain some regular football at the highest level and he will come back to us in a month's time with valuable Super League game time under his belt.

"When Marwan Koukash approached us we jumped at the chance for Dom to join them. Dom has impressed with his willingness to learn and work hard. Under this agreement with Salford he will play the next four weeks against some pretty stiff opposition and that can only benefit his long term development. When I discussed the possible move with Dom, you could see he was genuinely excited to test himself. I am sure he will do a great job for them and we then look forward to welcoming him back and for him to play an important role throughout the season at Wigan".

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... Oa3TDRb.99
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:Has joined Salford on a months loan! :(
The guy seems ready for us. Are we up to something Josie as Dom is way too good to go out on loan for experience. Is the Jamie Forster rumor happening. I can not see why we would want to loan a player out unless we are getting someone in for that position either as cover or will we see us benching Budgie just to have a kicker in.

This one for me is strange.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

thegimble wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Has joined Salford on a months loan! :(
The guy seems ready for us. Are we up to something Josie as Dom is way too good to go out on loan for experience. Is the Jamie Forster rumor happening. I can not see why we would want to loan a player out unless we are getting someone in for that position either as cover or will we see us benching Budgie just to have a kicker in.

This one for me is strange.
I think he is too, but maybe it's because we have too many players vying for the same positions & the club want them to be playing continuously instead of sitting in the stands.

Sad that we only have one academy team & these players are deemed too old to play in any other competition other than SL or the championship.

At least he's gone to a SL club.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

he needs to play and at the moment sat in the stands week in week out will do him no favours. A good move loaning him out to another super league team IMO
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Can't say I'm over the moon about this Foster link but he does appear to be able to cover various positions and he certainly kicks ok. Interesting one this.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

There is no denying Foster can kick the 2 pointers but you rarely see him beat a player with the ball in hand and he is very 'grabby' with his tackling. He is not a top winger by any stretch of the imagination. The only place I've seen us (wigan) linked with him is on here.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I keep seeing mention of this Jamie foster link on here but not anywhere else.

JF strike rate playing for saints was 0.6 tries per game, Pats in his time here was 0.7, so going forward there wasn't much in it and I remembering him scoring some excellent tries for saints.

He is also a very good kicker

however his defence is not very good and as he wouldn't make a fraction of the meters in comparison to pat.

foster is a luxury player IMO ok to have in a very strong team but not a player you bring in to strengthen a team.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Can't say I'm over the moon about this Foster link but he does appear to be able to cover various positions and he certainly kicks ok. Interesting one this.

What Foster link ?
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Can't say I'm over the moon about this Foster link but he does appear to be able to cover various positions and he certainly kicks ok. Interesting one this.

What Foster link ?
According to someone on RLfans we were linked with him last week. Makes some sense but he would have to improve and tbh that wont be that much for him to catch up with if yesterday is going to be our standard.