Cup final hangover?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Cup final hangover?

Post by The booze hound »

After winning the challenge cup we limped into the play-offs last season, seemingly unable to raise our game for the weekly rounds. Could the recent performances be a similair thing after the world club challenge match?
josie andrews

Re: Cup final hangover?

Post by josie andrews »

Could well be, but we should be professional enough to overcome this :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

It's nearly four weeks since the WCC surely we are over that by now?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We have played the same before, during and after the WCC so for me its not a hangover, its just where we are with the new personel. Plenty of time to improve though.

Its a shame that we couldn't take the same team into the WCC as won the GF. I do think the match should be played two weeks after the two GFs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:We have played the same before, during and after the WCC so for me its not a hangover, its just where we are with the new personel. Plenty of time to improve though.

Its a shame that we couldn't take the same team into the WCC as won the GF. I do think the match should be played two weeks after the two GFs.
I've always said that Mike. Our team was without four players from our GF team but the Roosters were, I think, almost the same team that won theirs!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan