Wish FM Commentary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Red Hot Mama

Wish FM Commentary

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Hats off to Bilko and the team for brilliant commentary tonight
Brian's Girl

thegimble

Re: Wish FM Commentary

Post by thegimble »

Red Hot Mama wrote:Hats off to Bilko and the team for brilliant commentary tonight
Bilko is very good as calling it as it is. Maybe SKY should get him in better than Stevo or Eddie any day.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:
Red Hot Mama wrote:Hats off to Bilko and the team for brilliant commentary tonight
Bilko is very good as calling it as it is. Maybe SKY should get him in better than Stevo or Eddie any day.
He certainly is. Him and Joe were suicidal for the first 60 minutes. At 10-16, he said Wigan were favourites to win because "Catalans are looking knackered now!"!

Priceless radio commentary! : :lol:
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

They are so much better than the muppets on sky. Give them the job or maybe they only have faces for radio :D
Brian's Girl

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Red Hot Mama wrote:They are so much better than the muppets on sky. Give them the job or maybe they only have faces for radio :D
They wouldn't be the same trying to commentate on non-Wigan games!
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

mickw wrote:Bilko,s deadpan crushingly boring style is only suited to tinpot radio stations,someone put a rocket up him for Christ sake.
They,d be switching off in their thousands on sky.
I personally call games as I see them and am always adamant that alternative ways to listen so everyone has the choice. For Cas v Wigan we actually had well over a thousand online listeners which isn't bad for a "tinpot radio station" up against the very long established BBC who also had commentary. "Switching off in their thousands" indeed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko wrote:
mickw wrote:Bilko,s deadpan crushingly boring style is only suited to tinpot radio stations,someone put a rocket up him for Christ sake.
They,d be switching off in their thousands on sky.
I personally call games as I see them and am always adamant that alternative ways to listen so everyone has the choice. For Cas v Wigan we actually had well over a thousand online listeners which isn't bad for a "tinpot radio station" up against the very long established BBC who also had commentary. "Switching off in their thousands" indeed.
Keep it up Bilko :) I like your 'deadpan' style :)

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Bilko has a face made for radio. Plus he would need to stand 5 foot behind the man next to him so they looked a similar height.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

chnwh wrote:Bilko has a face made for radio. Plus he would need to stand 5 foot behind the man next to him so they looked a similar height.
this is true. :D
OJ

Post by OJ »

We couldn't go last night so tuned in to listen to the match on radio while watching Saints v Leeds on tv, I started off listening to commentary on GMR as I thought WISH FM were covering the Saints game, Jack Dearden is painful to listen to with his constant repetition of "BBC radio Manchester" and "to be perfectly honest with you" :slee: to say nothing of talking broken biscuits more often than not so after half time I tried Wish FM again and hallelujah there was Bilko and pal, telling it like it is, he is always honest in his comments so makes a very creditable summariser just as his match reports on rlfans always give an accurate and un-biased assessment of what went on in a game. Keep up the good work Bilko you're doing a great job :eusa2:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.