Half backs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyboy

Re: Half backs

Post by billyboy »

Really do hope you are right Dave. Now that we have made a profit (£110,000) for the first time in decades, £250,000 from the sale of Faz, plus the money we have in hand from his salary cap saving, we really should now be in a marvellous position to strengthen the squad and give these superb young prospects we have the on-field support they need and deserve. As I said right at the start of this thread, I don't believe that there is no-one available in the wide world of rugby league and I don't mean panic buys.

billyboy
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
Welski

Re: Half backs

Post by Welski »

DaveO posted:
billyboy posted:
DaveO posted:
He really does need a clear injury free run behind a good pack to show off what he can do. Same goes for Moran.

Dave
I think the same goes for the whole team mate. The past couple of seasons have been such stop start affairs.
It seems at the moment we are forever waiting for 'next season'.

The fans have been understandably frustrated at individual performances particularly of the pivotal players. But I think even some of the Wigan half back greats would struggle to shine with such constantly changing personnel. Particularly if not 100% themselves.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League