craig beck danny orr

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: craig beck danny orr

Post by ian.birchall »

Doug Stand, you've got it wrong, Hayley 04 IS Danny Orr :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I think Danny Orr is one of those frustrating players who although you know he has talent he just can't seem to produce the goods. I hope he can become what I think we would all like to see a true Wigan great. I think he is playing possibly injured and certainly with a lack of confidence.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: Orr would'nt get into the squad if we did'nt have all the injuries. Another player brought in when we already had youngsters who where good enough coming through.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:conf: Orr would'nt get into the squad if we did'nt have all the injuries. Another player brought in when we already had youngsters who where good enough coming through.
Who was our young stand-off who was good enough? Brown has been touted as a stand-off for the future, but his displays in the first team in that position haven't been brilliant. We've not released any young stand-offs to my knowledge.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we signed danny orr because jules o'niell left. I think Danny has been a good signing and a good leader but at the mo his performances have been poor. But he will obviously get better when he is fully recovered from injury.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: Betts will go long before Danny Orr, a more experienced tactically minded coach would have got more out of Orr , and some of the other slackers.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug Stand posted:
Doc Warrior posted:
What ever your opinion on Danny Orr hes now had the dreaded backing from the Coach that usually means your card is marked.

For Denis betts to go so public on Dannys performance against Huddersfield albeit diplomatic was surprising but he obviously he is aware of opininons and maybe feels he needs to do something either to help Danny or give him a kick up the backside.
Interesting you should say that Doc, as I said on another post that the cynics amongs us would question why Betts said that in the first place...was a kick in the backside for him or was it to take a bit of heat from him.

Tell you what though, I really hope Danny Orr can be the player for Wigan that Hayley reports he is. Aside from anything else it seems these are the only threads I'm contributing too. I need to move on from this subject, and I would love to be saying Orr is our most prized assett.

I've said this before but here you go again. Ever since I started watching Wigan there was a quality stand-off there from Martyn Foy right up to Henry Paul, then we faultered somewhat..although didn't Matty Johns have some personal problems...anyway Wigan need a top quality stand-off. It's tradition and I for one hope it can be Danny Orr.
I agree Doug we all seem to be having difficulty getting away from this one!! Like you I wish him all the best but - and I am repeating myself here also - he wouldn't get a game (barring injuries) at Leeds, Hull, Bradford, Saints, Warrington, Wakefield or Huddersfield. So, how good is he?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug Stand posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
I agree Doug we all seem to be having difficulty getting away from this one!! Like you I wish him all the best but - and I am repeating myself here also - he wouldn't get a game (barring injuries) at Leeds, Hull, Bradford, Saints, Warrington, Wakefield or Huddersfield. So, how good is he?
That's probablt the best point so far on this debate Jimmy. 7 clubs have a stand-off playing better than our own. It's frightening now you mention it...
Yes, I even depressed myself with that one!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Reckon we'd be able to get rooney from wakefield? He's pretty good, think it'd be a long shot but look at godwins and newtons games now theres competition for the hooking role. I think danny's main problem is the lack of a permanent scrum half beside him
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Well i never saw any of the ones you named play lol, so i know that shouldnt matter, but they are meant to make up the half back combination and if he trainst with one all week and then it swaps on match day its bound to disrupt the game a little
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3