Chris Melling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Chris Melling

Post by ChrisA »

I have bever really seen to much of him before friday night. From what I did see I was impressed. He didnt really do anything outstanding, I just got the impression from a few runs that he made that he is a player who tries to burst the tackle, he looked quite quick and very strong when he ran it in. I definatly want to see more of this guy, I hear he can play most places in the backline, I would like to see him given a good few games and maybe in the centre, he really did look quite lively to me.
Welski

Re: Chris Melling

Post by Welski »

ChrisA posted:
I have bever really seen to much of him before friday night. From what I did see I was impressed. He didnt really do anything outstanding, I just got the impression from a few runs that he made that he is a player who tries to burst the tackle, he looked quite quick and very strong when he ran it in. I definatly want to see more of this guy, I hear he can play most places in the backline, I would like to see him given a good few games and maybe in the centre, he really did look quite lively to me.
Ditto ChrisA I was looking forward to seeing him perform last season. He played that one Challenge Cup game at Limoux where he bagged a try and 10 goals then in his first real run out suffered the Wigan first team injury jinx.

Colborn looks a similar prospect too. Its such a shame that young guys like this havent got the chance to ease their way into a settled side.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Am i missing something here?,
A settled side ???, too many injuries to be settled welski,
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Dawber posted:
Am i missing something here?,
A settled side ???, too many injuries to be settled welski,
I think that was his/her point!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

then maybe his/her should explain themselves better,
i really think his/her meant that comment,
but maybe i'm not as smart as you robjoenz eh?,
i can't read between the lines as well as you can m8, me thinks
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think Welski was just saying it would be better if players like Colbon had a settled side to be gradually brought in to rather than being chucked in at deep end.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We do have a settled side!

Problem is, they're all settled in the treatment room.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I'd love to see more of these 2 also but until their studies are complete and they become full time I think they will only figure fleetingly. Both are 20yrs old - how long before their degrees are done? (didn't do one meself - it was straight from t'workouse to t'pit) :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I'd love to see more of these 2 also but until their studies are complete and they become full time I think they will only figure fleetingly. Both are 20yrs old - how long before their degrees are done? (didn't do one meself - it was straight from t'workouse to t'pit) :D
Most degrees take three years so on average they will finish aged 21 but it depends on what they are studying. Certain subjects require longer, require a year or two tacked onto the end (law degrees for example) or may involve a year out working somewhere between (say) the second and third year.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
I think Welski was just saying it would be better if players like Colbon had a settled side to be gradually brought in to rather than being chucked in at deep end.
That is the way I read it as well given the context of the current situation i.e. anything but a settled side.

Dave