Under 19's Fixture Details

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Under 19's Fixture Details

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan under 19's derby fixture at Langtree park will kick off at 7pm tonight (Weds 16th April) and NOT 8pm as stated via some sources.

Both of the under 19's games against Huddersfield Giants have also been moved. The home fixture originally scheduled for Sunday 16th February will now take place at the Wigan Laundry company Community Stadium on Tuesday 17th June with a 6.30pm kick off. The away fixture has been moved from Saturday 31st May to Monday 28th July with a 7.30pm kick off and will take place at Hudderfield YMCA.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... SvY3Uju.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dennis Mc Hugh

Re: Under 19's Fixture Details

Post by Dennis Mc Hugh »

I subscribed to Wigan TV on the understanding that the U19s matches would be shown. Does anyone know why they're not being shown? Also how does one contact the organisers to make suggestions for improvements? I've emailed them twice and received no reply. A team sheet is important so we can identify the youngsters and a knowledge of the score during the match would be very useful. I also cannot understand the logic of leaving the camera running for 10 mins during the half time interval!! If I'm in the wrong place to make these comments I apologise but I certainly will not be renewing my membership next season on current performances
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

When it was launched last season there were issues as you describe. The feedback from most users was they wanted full games up quicker and they wanted Academy and U16 games (wherever possible). lots of promises were made but it seems to have slipped back into the problems of last season.

To the best of my knowledge Micron provide the games etc and it is actually easier to put the full game up rather than edit (although that is not a problem). Micron used to sell DVDs for 1st team / Academy and U15's / U16's but John Oakes sold his catalogue to the RFL (they were supposedly putting them online but nothing so far)

s.collinson@wiganwarriors.com

is the most senior contact for dealing with the website / Wigan TV

I once got a reply re Wigan TV from the presenter they use

k.odonnell@wiganwarriors.com
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:When it was launched last season there were issues as you describe. The feedback from most users was they wanted full games up quicker and they wanted Academy and U16 games (wherever possible). lots of promises were made but it seems to have slipped back into the problems of last season.

To the best of my knowledge Micron provide the games etc and it is actually easier to put the full game up rather than edit (although that is not a problem). Micron used to sell DVDs for 1st team / Academy and U15's / U16's but John Oakes sold his catalogue to the RFL (they were supposedly putting them online but nothing so far)

s.collinson@wiganwarriors.com

is the most senior contact for dealing with the website / Wigan TV

I once got a reply re Wigan TV from the presenter they use

k.odonnell@wiganwarriors.com
Kelly O'Donnell has left Wigan for Man City????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Did not know that Josie. I presume they will eventually replace her. Shame, she was quite good IMO.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

cpwigan wrote:Did not know that Josie. I presume they will eventually replace her. Shame, she was quite good IMO.
Being nice looking was also a bonus :)
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Dennis Mc Hugh wrote:I subscribed to Wigan TV on the understanding that the U19s matches would be shown. Does anyone know why they're not being shown? Also how does one contact the organisers to make suggestions for improvements? I've emailed them twice and received no reply. A team sheet is important so we can identify the youngsters and a knowledge of the score during the match would be very useful. I also cannot understand the logic of leaving the camera running for 10 mins during the half time interval!! If I'm in the wrong place to make these comments I apologise but I certainly will not be renewing my membership next season on current performances
I also have contacted them about the same issues and also received no reply from those who deal with the coverage.

When I sent another email to ask why, I received a reply from Graham Emerson saying he had passed my first email on to those who deal with it but alas still no reply.

Seems to be a trend these days for companies, the RFL and clubs not to reply to people's correspondence.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Under 19s I believe are playing Bradford on Tuesday 27th May and not 28th May as shown on the fixture list.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote:Under 19s I believe are playing Bradford on Tuesday 27th May and not 28th May as shown on the fixture list.
It is Tuesday KO 6.30 :)