Shaun Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Shaun Wane

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

After a double wining season last year and considerable changes in the playing staff plus the loss of Harris, I have the utmost admiration for him as a man and a coach. I remember early last season when Hudds beat us and they were flying and we were struggling with new players like Green and Smith settling in, some of our fans were wishing we had Paul Anderson in charge instead of Wane, thank god they didn't get their wish!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Re: Shaun Wane

Post by KOOCH »

well put mate. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I never wanted anyone to be head coach as much as I wanted it for Waney.

Great win, great team, great coach :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Hear hear Josie ....

It was really hard having to keep a lid on things in the wee smalls of an Auckland morning :o very very envious of all those who were there - you sounded fabulous :wink:

Shaun Wane is Wigan through and through - long may it last !
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

When Wane first became Coach of the Under 19's, they played a night match at St Judes and I had a chat with him during the course of the game. I have never heard anyone as dedicated to the club as he was that night and proved to me that he is a 100% true Wiganer and the right man for the job of Head Coach.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Whelley Warrior wrote:When Wane first became Coach of the Under 19's, they played a night match at St Judes and I had a chat with him during the course of the game. I have never heard anyone as dedicated to the club as he was that night and proved to me that he is a 100% true Wiganer and the right man for the job of Head Coach.
Absolutely.
I liked the comment after the match when he was being interviewed about "Tez and Baz, two ex-Wigan players who tipped Saints to win. Thanks for that"